Iron Maiden Studio Album Power Game: Results Thread

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
So this was a game I tried with songs before the forum changed, never got a chance to finish it. Now that things are settled here and I have a better idea of how the rules can work, I'd figure it'd be cool to try this again but with studio albums!

Here's how it works:
1: The object of the game is to rank the Iron Maiden albums based on votes.
2: Vote for each album that you think is better than the album one spot above it.
3: Only vote for the top album if you think the ranking is good, as that means you don't think any album should move up.
4: The game will end when most (or at least 50%) of the votes are for the top album
5: You have unlimited votes

And here's a tip, try to be somewhat realistic about what albums you are moving up. For example, if your favorite album is FOTD, just voting for it won't do much since the majority of the forum is probably not going to push it to the top. You can still vote for it of course, but try to help keep the game moving!

Last edited:
By the way, this game is sort of acting as a test run as well. If it goes good and people seem to enjoy it, I'd like to try it sometime toward the end of the year maybe with songs instead of albums.

And here's a tip, try to be somewhat realistic about what albums you are moving up. For example, if your favorite album is FOTD, just voting for it won't do much since the majority of the forum is probably not going to push it to the top. You can still vote for it of course, but try to help keep the game moving!
Lol, that would simply mean: never vote for FOTD, because it slows the game.
2: Vote for each album that you think is better than the album one spot above it.
If you don't mind: I rather see it as: Vote for each album that you want to move up (because it's also possible to move up more than one album).

Iron Maiden
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
SSOASS
No Prayer
TXF
BNW

@Mosh: when does an album move up? When it has more votes than the one above?

You say: only vote for the top album if you think the total ranking is OK but like this, the top album has a disadvantage. I voted for the top album because I think it's better than Killers. How else can I try to keep Killers under this one?

Last edited:
I don't think it means that, Foro. All Mosh says is only voting for FOTD would slow the game down. He means if you're gonna vote for it, vote for it in a group.

Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
A Matter of Life and Death

I don't think it means that, Foro. All Mosh says is only voting for FOTD would slow the game down. He means if you're gonna vote for it, vote for it in a group.

Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
A Matter of Life and Death
He said more: rule 3

Lol, that would simply mean: never vote for FOTD, because it slows the game.
Flash is right. Go ahead and vote for Fear of the Dark, but try and vote for other albums too.

If you don't mind: I rather see it as: Vote for each album that you want to move up (because it's also possible to move up more than one album).
That's exactly the point of the game. Not sure what you interpreted my rules as.

@Mosh: when does an album move up? When it has more votes than the one above?
Any album that has 50% votes moves up. If nothing has 50%, it'll just be whatever has the most votes. Pretty much the same criteria as a survivor.

You say: only vote for the top album if you think the total ranking is OK but like this, the top album has a disadvantage. I voted for the top album because I think it's better than Killers. How else can I try to keep Killers under this one?
Well that's not true. If the debut gets the most votes the game is over, since it's the top ranked album. If you want to keep it above Killers, vote for Number of the Beast and other albums below it, not the one on top.

So are we voting for albums we want to move up, or albums we think are better than the one above? The initial post says the album directly above it, but your last post suggests that it's vote for any that are lower than they should be.

For example: I DO want DoD to move above it's current 'ranking', but I don't think it's better than BNW (the album 1 spot up), so I didn't vote for it. Was this correct?

I thought it was pretty clear at first but now I'm not so sure.

So are we voting for albums we want to move up, or albums we think are better than the one above? The initial post says the album directly above it, but your last post suggests that it's vote for any that are lower than they should be.

For example: I DO want DoD to move above it's current 'ranking', but I don't think it's better than BNW (the album 1 spot up), so I didn't vote for it. Was this correct?

I thought it was pretty clear at first but now I'm not so sure.
It can go either way really. If you want both DOD and BNW to move up, then vote for both. They'll both move up but DOD will still be below BNW.

Ah okay, your initial post said "vote for each album you think is better than the album one spot above" so I figured I wouldn't be voting for BNW this round, but if BNW went up and DoD didn't, I would vote for it next round etc. Dang, now I wish I'd voted for a few more ;)

It can go either way really. If you want both DOD and BNW to move up, then vote for both. They'll both move up but DOD will still be below BNW.
That depends on votes of others.

In a way this is not that different from a survivor or any other type of game. The other aspect is that there is no elimination, and in theory albums could have another chance.

Moving Up:
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere In Time
SSOASS
X Factor
Brave New World
AMOLAD
Final Frontier

Back