Iron Maiden Songs That Make You Emotional

THESEVENTHMARINER

Ancient Mariner
Okay, this is probably the least 'metal' topic ever, but whatever. What's the one, or multiple songs by Maiden that make get your eyes a bit misty and watery?

For me, it'd have to be Journeyman, The Thin Line Between Love and Hate and probably Revelations.

Let's get discussing the tracks that make you want to get the tissues!

Paschendale. Bruce delivers those vocals as if he was there.

Me neither, I've never gotten "weepy" over a Maiden song, but Paschendale has had an emotional impact nonetheless.

For me, I really feel the emotion of The Longest Day.

The lyrics seem to come to life in my head, especially the first few verses, to the point where I admire the soldiers bravery and genuinely get a lump in my throat during some listens. This may be due to a combination of the lyrics and atmospheric music, or may also be due to the fact that the day in question was relatively recent and thus easier to realise. Either way this song really hits the spot for me.

Revelations. I don't understand why, I guess it's just how Bruce stretches those vocals and Adrian's acoustic riff make me feel something. The live version from flight 666 sounded awesome.

The first few minutes of Longest Day put a lump in my throat when it was new.
Wild Wind also, largely due to personal connection to a misunderstood lyric

Honestly, only song that ever made me emotional in the teary eyed sense is Silent Screams by Halford.

Sea of Madness. I really feel like I'm on that sea many times and that mid section of that song reads me to a tee a lot of the time. Infinite Dreams is another one

"Wasted Years", from Flight 666, when Bruce yells "ADRIAN!" leading into the chorus, and lets him take the lead vocal.

I dunno, I guess it just gives me chills/makes me a little watery-eyed with happiness, letting H get the spotlight for a moment on just about the only song from his strongest album that they ever play live anymore.

Back