IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
@Night Prowler when do songs get promoted?
When there are 3 left, pretty obvious based on the post, unless more than 3 make it to the end. Hence, "at least 3".

I'll vote as follows:
The Red and the Black - Not good enough to be here, sorry, in my opinion it's too much of a mess at this point. Didn't deserve to go out first, but hardly should still be around.
The Talisman - Same reasoning as before, imo highly overrated due to Bruce straining constantly.
When the Wild Wind Blows - Not a great epic, not compared to other things on the list.
The Longest Day - Good song, but the second verse is such a massive letdown compared to the first, and it really frustrates me.

People voting for BTATS is really weird to me, the song is a clearcut masterpiece.

Red & Black, Avalon, Starblind, Wild Wind, Longest Day, and The Legacy, which I like quite a lot but the game's got to move forward

Isle of Avalon:

Fertility mother goddess
Sow the seeds of the born

How freaking epic is that part? TFF is a pretty strong album in general, I’m now discovering. How have I managed to overlook it thus far?
Quite possibly my favorite chorus of all time.

Voting for three songs:

The Red and the Black - it has cool parts but it’s too messy to compete with the others.

The Legacy - I really like this song but it feels unfinished and it’s longer than it needs to be.

For the Greater Good of God - used to be one of my favourite songs from AMOLAD but I’ve grown tired of it. Let’s just get it out of the way.

Special mention to Lord of Light: now that’s a badass song that you don’t often see mentioned.

Crazy to see so many votes for The Legacy. That's my one Maiden song I would die to see live. That one, Starblind, These Colours Don't Run, and For the Greater Good of God are all in my top ten. Phenomenal songs.

I don't get people who voted for The Legacy but didn't vote for The Talisman, as the latter is an inferior version of the former, but hey, you do you friends :)

I think one of the things I am starting to thoroughly dislike about survivors is how negative they are.

The Legacy was a difficult vote for me but I decided to do it.

What do you mean? Like “is Out of the Shadows about vampires or not”? :D
There's lots of negative posts in here, even removing the Out of the Shadows farce. "This song is obviously horrible" "easily bottom song" etc etc.

There's lots of negative posts in here, even removing the Out of the Shadows farce. "This song is obviously horrible" "easily bottom song" etc etc.
I’ve found that people are often more interested in convincing others to dislike the same things as them instead of trying to show what they appreciate about their favorites.

I do like The Legacy more than The Talisman, but I appreciate the seafaring feel of The Talisman. The halftime riffing in between verses conjures a rickety ship in a storm.

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns is a contender for my #1 Maiden song.

Of the songs in play at the moment, the only ones that are absolutely in my top 10 are The Book of Souls and The Legacy. Starblind is borderline.

I don't get people who voted for The Legacy but didn't vote for The Talisman, as the latter is an inferior version of the former, but hey, you do you friends :)
I can't think of any similarities except for a distinct intro (and even then The Legacy connects it's intro to the song, The Talisman is musically disconnected), what do you see?

I’ve found that people are often more interested in convincing others to dislike the same things as them instead of trying to show what they appreciate about their favorites.
Nah ah, this is "eliminate the worst", of course we talk about why we think a song is the worst. In a game of "choose the best" I will talk about Empire much more, and also when it will somehow bomb before IESF you'll see at least a crying gif ;_; ;_;

I don't see too much similarity between Legacy and Talisman, either. Talisman has a lot more flow and pace to it and is incredibly atmospheric storytelling.

Back