IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
It seems that ''Isle Of Avalon'' will be eliminated.

I hope (at least) it will survive this round. Underrated song.

No Prayer For The Dying
Run Silent Run Deep
Fates Warning
Remember Tomorrow

It's obvious what my least favourite Iron Maiden album is.

What a great selection of songs for my playlist a quiet Friday afternoon at work. Votes will be cast after I've listened to them all in chronological order.

OK. Here goes. It isn't really that difficult to choose four songs from this list. The three songs from NPFTD, and Futureal. Why?

Well, the songs from the debut are both great. Prowler with its raw aggression and great solo, and Remember Tomorrow with its haunting melody and lyrics.

Then there is Wrathchild with its infectiously catchy bass, and then NOTB with Bruce's awesome delivery and again, great bass line.

Where Eagles Dare with an incredible groove that is deserving of classic status and the somewhat underrated Still Life should definitely survive longer. The two songs from Somewhere In Time are top 20 material and I did never consider voting for either of them.

The three songs from NPFTD are not bad songs, but the title track is probably my least favourite out of all the 19 songs in this poll. It doesn't have any qualities that stand out to me. Fates Warning is better, with great verses and solos. The chorus, not so much. Run Silent Run Deep is also good, not to keen on the solos in this one.

The two songs from The X Factor are both - believe it or not - a breath of fresh air after No Prayer and Fear of the Dark. I can't say the same for Futureal where Blaze is forced to sing twice as many words as any singer should, and the chorus isn't among the greatest either. Como Estais Amigos is atmospheric and an underrated beauty, too bad it's heading out already.

The post-2000 songs, although not my favourites from the respecitve albums, are a step up again.

Hope my vote to send out Futureal might help Lord of the Flies to advance one more round.

Last edited:
Back