IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Please, please let Breeg survive this :(
And Dream of Mirrors on most votes... Bad pranks

I vote for Colours, God, Light dude, Wickerman and The Thin Line

Sad to see Colours on the verge of elimination; to me it bridges the division of “singles” and “epic” Maiden as good or better than anything in the discography. Time changes, catchy chorus, big vocal, unconventional rhythms, great instrumental section, interesting lyrics...

It is by no means, bad (on the contrary, it’s good) but I think Brave New World has aged the most poorly of the reunion albums for me. Other than the first three tracks, there is nothing I keep coming back to. It’s probably better than Dance, but the gap is miniscule, now, compared to where it was and the three most recent albums are all superior.

As @Perun @MrKnickerbocker and @LooseCannon , I too will enlist into BNW nostalgia brigade.

In my case, the reason why I stumbled upon it was a huge boom of MP3. Just a year or two before I've encountered Maiden, CD compilations were latest craze and then, suddenly, instead of 80 minutes of music, you get 6 hours of music?! (torrenting appeared, also) Anyway, those MP3 CD-s flowed around like crazy and everybody listened to everything just because they could.
BNW wasn't my first contact with rock/heavy metal (it was Metallica's ...And Justice For All) and it took me a lot time to get into it. But, it kept spinning in the background, some melody got hooked in my ear and... well, almost 20 years later I'm posting on Maidenfans forum.
Depending on the rip, the songs were in alphabetic order meaning album started with Blood Brothers than Brave New World etc. and ended with The Wickerman. It took some time until I've watched Rock in Rio and was like... "oh.... well that's way better to start it."

EDIT: voted for These Colours, Benjamin and Lord of Light. I'm not surprised with The Mercenary and The Fallen Angel, but The Nomad went?!

-2 points for not honoring “I only meme in black and white”.

Same as the previous round.

The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
The Legacy
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Absolutely fantastic vocal harmonies in those songs.
I think you need to listen to the first half of “The Thin Line...” again. I mean, come on. The harmonies there are “Gates Of Tomorrow” bad.
A little savage after someone has expressed love for a track...
Hey, I think the second half of “The Thin Line...” is sublime, but the first half is a shit show. No point in sugar coating it.

I wouldn't back you on the criticism on the vocal harmonies throughout the entire first half @Jer, but I agree that the "There's a thin line between love and hate" part is atrocious.

Reactions: Jer
No point in sugar coating it.
I mean, sure, you can be as kind or as unkind as you care to. I even agree that the vocal harmonies aren't the best here. I just wouldn't ever put it that way.

It still boggles my mind that These Colours Don't Run has the most votes so far. Absolutely mind boggling. The narrative on that song is sublime and everyone that has even a little bit of pride in whatever country they live in should feel at least a little something while listening to that song. It's wonderful.

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
For The Greater Good of God
Lord of Light
Blood Brothers
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Back