Iron Maiden @ Fields of Rock, Biddinghuizen - Netherlands! 16 June 2007

Re: Iron Maiden @ Fields of Rock, Biddinghuizen - Netherlands! 16-17 June 2007

Forostar said:
@Perun: let's meet, if possible :)

You bet!

Very nice ! :)

I'm not sure yet if we (me & Marta) go for 1 day or 2 days. Depends also on the total program.
I hope we'll know more about this before February the 10th, when the tickets will go on sale

edit:

From ironmaiden.com:

Iron Maiden are looking forward to returning to Holland to play at Fields of Rock Festival for the first time and will close the festival on the first day on the main stage. Last year in November on their phenomenally successful “A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH WORLD TOUR” they gave a stunning performance to 14,000 fans at Brabanthallen in Den Bosch which sold out in record time. Fields of Rock takes place at June 16 and 17 at the Evenemententerrein Walibi World in Biddinghuizen. Ticket sales start Saturday February 10th.

After the great success of the first 2 editions of Fields of Rock in the Goffertpark, the organisers have announced earlier the festival is moving to the Evenemententerrein Walibi World in Biddinghuizen. This year Fields of Rock again has a very strong line-up. Other acts to be confirmed at announcement include Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society, Motörhead and Life Of Agony.

The third edition of Fields of Rock is more than one day and has a camp-site. There will be 3 stages with a minimal of 15 bands. Beside to the main stage and the tent stage there also will be a smaller third outdoor stage. The names of the three stages will be decided by the audience through our website. News about the line-up for the three stages will be announced on fieldsofrock.nl. From now on all available festival information will be on this website.

For more information check fieldsofrock.nl

Ticket sales starts Saturday February 10th on 10 pm through ticketservice.nl, 0900-3001250

Forostar said:
From ironmaiden.com:

Iron Maiden are looking forward to returning to Holland to play at Fields of Rock Festival for the first time and will close the festival on the first day on the main stage. Last year in November on their phenomenally successful “A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH WORLD TOUR” they gave a stunning performance to 14,000 fans at Brabanthallen in Den Bosch which sold out in record time. Fields of Rock takes place at June 16 and 17 at the Evenemententerrein Walibi World in Biddinghuizen. Ticket sales start Saturday February 10th.

After the great success of the first 2 editions of Fields of Rock in the Goffertpark, the organisers have announced earlier the festival is moving to the Evenemententerrein Walibi World in Biddinghuizen. This year Fields of Rock again has a very strong line-up. Other acts to be confirmed at announcement include Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society, Motörhead and Life Of Agony.

The third edition of Fields of Rock is more than one day and has a camp-site. There will be 3 stages with a minimal of 15 bands. Beside to the main stage and the tent stage there also will be a smaller third outdoor stage. The names of the three stages will be decided by the audience through our website. News about the line-up for the three stages will be announced on fieldsofrock.nl. From now on all available festival information will be on this website.

For more information check fieldsofrock.nl

Ticket sales starts Saturday February 10th on 10 pm through ticketservice.nl, 0900-3001250

This message has been removed from Maiden's website. Also the tourdate is gone from Maiden's website.

I am so pissed off by this act, which was either a mistake of the webmaster, either a too late cancellation of Maiden's appearance.

I've sent an e-mail to the webmaster. I am curious what will happen next.

I noticed this as well, and I've already bought my ticket!
I'm not very worried though, I don't believe maiden would just cancel a show without stating a good reason.
http://www.fieldsofrock.nl/programma.asp?id=81
As you can see they're still on the program of the fields of rock website. Must be a mistake by the webmaster of ironmaiden.com

Have a nice maiden show everyone who will be there!

let us know what the webmaster says

Storm said:
I noticed this as well, and I've already bought my ticket!
I'm not very worried though, I don't believe maiden would just cancel a show without stating a good reason.
http://www.fieldsofrock.nl/programma.asp?id=81
As you can see they're still on the program of the fields of rock website. Must be a mistake by the webmaster of ironmaiden.com

Have a nice maiden show everyone who will be there!

let us know what the webmaster says

I will. Let's hope he/she'll respond soon.

Ha !

No reply, but still, I think my e-mail has worked. Both the tourdate and the newsitem are back !

Fields of Rock here we come !  :yey:

:yey:

Maiden and Sabbath with Dio on the same day !!!

The best festival of the f**king world:

Until now confirmed:

Saturday 16 June:
- DRAGONFORCE »
- HEAVEN & HELL »
- ILL NINO »
- IRON MAIDEN »
- MACHINE HEAD » 
- MOTÖRHEAD »

Sunday 17 June:
- BLACK LABEL SOCIETY »
- DELAIN »
- DEVILDRIVER »
- DREAM THEATER »
- KORN »
- LIFE OF AGONY »
- OZZY OSBOURNE »
- TYPE O NEGATIVE »

Last time the festival was terrible crowded. You won't be able to see half of the awesome bands because they play on the same time and the ticket price is also too high.
I'm very glad that Heaven & Hell is now confirmed for Graspop which means I can go there and still see Ozzy, Maiden, and H&H.

Djaser said:
Last time the festival was terrible crowded. You won't be able to see half of the awesome bands because they play on the same time and the ticket price is also too high.
I'm very glad that Heaven & Hell is now confirmed for Graspop which means I can go there and still see Ozzy, Maiden, and H&H.

This year's festival changed location to Biddinghuizen (Lowlands). Also I guess that the organization should learn from previous festivals, so I'm not that afraid. Graspop is indeed becoming interesting as well since Maiden plays on the same day as H&H (not yet confirmed on the Graspop site by the way, but I'm sure it will happen soon)!

is this going to be televised online

Interesting. Do you have more details ?

Thanks in advance!

Tomorrow it's going to happen !  :yey:

Who's going?

My report of FOR. (check the video parts below the review)

There were three stages, but all the bands I was planning to see played on the same stage, called the Mean Stage.

Lauren Harris started. I thought that she had a good podium presentation, she was enthousiastic and tried to involve the audience in it, which worked pretty well! Her father was watching from the side of the stage. Overall a nice show!

After Forever is also female fronted, by a woman of the name Floor Jansen. She is one of the best and strongest vocalists in metal. After Forever's music I definitely recommend for everyone who's into dark metal with classic and sometimes arabic (or call it eastern) influences. Their music also features choirs and orchestral arrangements. The band's guitarist is a grunter, which might "scare" some people off(?), but in my opinion grunting/screaming is really something that one has to get into. It's the total picture that matters. Anyway, a very good performance! My favourite songs "Discord", "My Pledge of Allegiance #1" and their 'classic' "Follow in the Cry" were in the setlist, so I was very happy!

Right after this gig unexpected news was told: Machine Head couldn't make it! They were in Germany with car troubles. Booing was the result. I'd have liked to see them, but now I had more time to check the rest of the festival. To eat and drink a bit and to check the stands. I bought an Iced Earth t-shirt (Night of the Stormrider!), the latest CD of the band Labyrinth, and a DVD of Bad Religion, called "The Riot".

After a while I returned to have a good spot for Heaven And Hell. I was pretty excited, I'd never seen Black Sabbath, nor Dio, so it was gonna be pretty special. Indeed it was! I really enjoyed it! "The Mob Rules", "Neon Knights", "Die Young", "The Sign of the Southern Cross", "Heaven And Hell".... all those classics that I knew for ages, finally heard and seen, performed by the legends themselves! Their drummer Vinnie Appice was cool to watch, he hit those cymbals very hard! He also had 'hanging' floor toms on both sides of him, turned ninety degrees so to speak. When he hit those, they shook and almost fell to the side. But he hit them with one arm, while the other arm held it in its place. Quite an apart drumming style. Definitely 2nd best act of the day!

Slayer
I didn't see the whole set, but what I saw I liked! It was the first time that I saw them and I recognized the classics "Die By The Sword", "War Ensemble", "Raining Blood", "South of Heaven" and "Angel Of Death".

Iron Maiden
I am not sure how to begin, and I think that I'll even forget some things but this gig was so overwhelmingly fantastic!! This was the tenth time that I saw Maiden, but the gig surely belongs to the top three of those ten. It was surely the coolest gig since Waldrock 2003 for me. The band was really in a great mood. A lot of interaction, also between Bruce and Steve! The lads were constantly joking with eachother. After Iron Maiden, when the band left the stage for the first time, Bruce tried to pull Nicko's pants down, right before Nicko threw his last stick in the crowd! Also Bruce's comments were memorable. There's always something during a gig that draws his attention. Now he commented on the side tribunes, which were on grass hills. Also, people were sitting on these hills. He thought it was rediculous that they were sitting during a rock concert. At the end of the day they would have a wet arse! Later his comments got more serious. Something in the vein of:

"Hello, how are you my friends? Did you enjoy the day? Did you like my friends Ronnie, Toni and the others? They should be called Black Sabbath and forget about that other guy."

Well he might have said it otherwise, but at least I thought that he meant it like this. :)

Of course I was very happy to hear this. Since the egg incident (I heard from someone of the crowd that he got hit by one egg on Download, by the way?!) I don't give a f**k for Ozzy, who would perform on Fields of Rock, the day after (today that is). I hope that his voice gets fucked within a couple of years, and that we're gonna get the real Black Sabbath soon, kicking Sharon with her zombie into oblivion.

Anyway, sorry for letting myself go, I'll get on topic again.

Bruce said that we have to wait till 2008, before they would come back. They were gonna build a pyramide and bring along an albatros and an ancient mariner!  :yey:

Now a word on the setlist. Allow me to be a bit critical, but I thought that they would play 5 songs of The Number of The Beast? I might have a wrong memory about this, but it was the only "disappointment", so to speak, simply because I expected it otherwise. But they played "Children of the Damned", which wasn't played in the Netherlands since 1986! Adrian played on a nice red doubleneck guitar, especially brought along for this song.

Overall I have to emphasize that the band was so enthousiastic and Bruce's voice was in such a good in shape. The band played very tight. I'll remember it for a long, long time!

Video parts of Iron Maiden, Heaven And Hell and After Forever! Enjoy!!
http://www.youtube.com/CursedwithOblivion

I totally agree with forostar! It was awesome. My third maiden gig and first time all the way up front  :yey: The interaction was indeed very great, I had eye contact several times! :bigsmile:

I think that with the five amolad songs and CotD we at least had some unusual songs, and during Fear of the Dark I thought, well, there's a reason these classic songs are classic!

Bruce was indeed in a very good mood, maybe had something to do with his comment: (don't know the exact words) We're surprised what an amazing audiance you've been tonight!  :bigsmile:

I met some Israeli, Brazillian and Finnish guys. I said to the Finnish guy, "wow that's a long way." He said: "Not for maiden it isn't!"  :bigsmile:

Scream for me Holland!!!!!  :yey:

@Storm: Indeed!

I remember from Nicko's diary, that the band thought that the audience was not that loud @ Bospop 2005. Who knows it might have influenced their surprise. ;)

edit: video parts with good sound quality uploaded!
See my previous post.

And here photos from Fields of Rock --> http://www.xs4all.nl/~cursed/

Enjoy! :)

Lauren Harris
lharris6.jpg

more:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~cursed/FoRLHarris.htm

After Forever
AFFoR31.jpg

more:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~cursed/FoRAF.htm

Heaven And Hell