IRON MAIDEN DEBUT ALBUM 30 YRS BIRTHDAY

shadowpants

DEEPER GREY CAME TO MOURN
I thought this was worth a new topic.
Over on Caveman's Facebook page, someone posted that
Iron Maiden's debut was released 14TH APRIL 1980 (Also see Wikipedia).

AS OF TOMORROW THAT IS EXACTLY 30 YEARS AGO!

So...A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the band, the album, Eddie and everyone and 30 years of
astonishing music that has been a huge part of our lives.

Here's lookin forward to TFF (let the acronyms begin)

:yey:

Wow, that would be perfect, a surprise 'The Final Frontier' release exactly 30 years after their debut.

I think some news, announcement, acknowledgment etc of the fact would be in order on the official site.

They didn't do that when any of the albums was released 25 years earlier. Why would 30 years be more important than 25?

Forostar said:
They didn't do that when any of the albums was released 25 years earlier. Why would 30 years be more important than 25?

Except The Number of the Beast for which they announced a big Matter of the Beast tour and only extended the setlist by one song in the end.

Forostar said:
I stand corrected.

However, there were more changes in that setlist (less songs from AMOLAD).

Yeah, but only that one change from the preceding summer gigs they had in India, Serbia and elsewhere.

I also recall that they announced five songs off of NOTB for that leg of the tour, but ended up playing only four... Must have chickened out, probably afraid that no one will like hearing 22AA or The Prisoner.

Perun said:
Yeah, but only that one change from the preceding summer gigs they had in India, Serbia and elsewhere.

Alright, I have always seen those earlier gigs as the same tour.

And I'm sure you would agree
It couldn't fit more perfectly
Than to have a world party on the day you came to be

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday

:p

Back