Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

This. Download 07 is basically an amazing version of Children Of The Damned in the middle of an sub-average performance.

Other highlights include:
-AND THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU SEE (Steve on Different World in his best best angry sailor impression)
-Feedback during TCDR + Janick messing the tempo on the intro
-Feedback during BTATS ruining otherwise a very good performance of that song
-Bruce's fall on Wrathchild
-Adrian's absolute abysmal guitar tone during the whole concert (how much more high end frequencies can one have?)
-Bruce struggling badly on FTGGOG
-No intro on TNOTB

All in all, I would be happy if they release 2 or 3 songs from that gig (BTATS (if the feedback is salvageble), COTD, TROBB ). But most of the concert is sub-par.
And Dave smashing his guitar during Wrathchild

Download 2007 was good. Not Maiden at their best, but at the very least on par with where they are nowadays in terms of live performances.
If it is on par with nowadays, but it is from 13 years ago, it isn’t good.

En Vivo is more recent and the performance is way better.

TBH, any Download pre 2006 won't be featured, since Maiden only started recording audio during every show in that year.

If I had to pick a show from recent performances since 2006:

1. If Eternity Should Fail (Download 2016)
2. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (Download 2007)
3. The Prisoner (Download 2013)
4. Tears Of A Clown (Download 2016)
5. The Trooper (Download 2016)
6. Children Of The Damned (Download 2007)
7. Afraid To Shoot Strangers (Download 2013)
8. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg (Download 2007)
9. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (Download 2013)
10. The Book Of Souls (Download 2016)
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name (Download 2016)

Plop in some classics from LOTB and voila... You have a great set.

Last edited:
They screwed up the last bit of the instrumental in IESF 2016. I think that's why it wasn't screened originally, because as openers and stage shows go, it would have looked great on TV. That said, nobody else I've spoken to recalls there being any problem with IESF. I distinctly remember 1-2 guitars getting out of sync, and possibly a third guitar (Adrian?) then stumbling. It seemed to start with the Nicko getting something wrong.

Download 07 is basically an amazing version of Children Of The Damned...

Yep (and the scream at the end is great - like the scream in Wrathchild during the same show). Plus, any footage that contain Adrian's double neck guitar is mandatory to be properly mixed.

But it would be great if at the end we get: full Download 2013 show, TOAC and HBTN from 2016 and 2/3 songs from LOTB tour. And the ''you don't want to miss this'' (aka together with an intriguing exclusive just for Download TV) is intriguing for now.

This. Download 07 is basically an amazing version of Children Of The Damned in the middle of an sub-average performance.

Other highlights include:
-AND THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU SEE (Steve on Different World in his best best angry sailor impression)
-Feedback during TCDR + Janick messing the tempo on the intro
-Feedback during BTATS ruining otherwise a very good performance of that song
-Bruce's fall on Wrathchild
-Adrian's absolute abysmal guitar tone during the whole concert (how much more high end frequencies can one have?)
-Bruce struggling badly on FTGGOG
-No intro on TNOTB

All in all, I would be happy if they release 2 or 3 songs from that gig (BTATS (if the feedback is salvageble), COTD, TROBB ). But most of the concert is sub-par.
Interesting analysis and I'll actually have to agree. Download '07 seemed like contractual obligation, the gig to me. I don't think the band was very happy with that set or having to compromise on playing AMOLAD in full because of (probably) ticket sales concerns. It was a short and pretty boring setlist with almost zero surprises, and none of the performances outside of COTD stand out.

Also then there was the the Eggfest thing before TCDR which was just... awkward, really. Not really TV or DVD material. I figure that the Download DVD Shirley mixed may have in fact only included the old songs from Download with the entirety of AMOLAD from another, more solid gig in '06 with less flags blocking the view, because the performances aren't frankly the best and I don't think Steve would've wanted that show to represent the AMOLAD tour.

Did you listen to the entire song, or snippets? It's right around the 7 min mark and going until the chorus.

Interesting analysis and I'll actually have to agree. Download '07 seemed like contractual obligation, the gig to me. I don't think the band was very happy with that set or having to compromise on playing AMOLAD in full because of (probably) ticket sales concerns. It was a short and pretty boring setlist with almost zero surprises, and none of the performances outside of COTD stand out.

This, come to think of it, if they replaced Wratchild and 2MTM (knowing that the next tour will be SBIT, which they knew at that point) with 22AA and The Prisoner, that would be a completely different story.

Back