Iron Maiden Board Game (not Monopoly!)

Does a Iron Maiden board game sound like a good idea?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

• Whatever...I don't even care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stardust

Rainmaker
I was thinking of ideas for board games when it struck me. A Iron Maiden board game! But not Monopoly, because that just feels...like the cheap way out, if you know what I mean. What I want is a board game, designed around maybe one of the albums, perhaps? And so...that's when you guys come in! I wanna see your ideas. Maybe an opinion? It's probably negative but hey, I don't even care! Soooooo...what about my idea?

Well....I don't exactly have one. Or should I say, I don't have anything except the concept.
The concept of my board game idea is that you control the band members...through an pyramid (Powerslave), a spaceship (The Final Frontier), maybe through a icy land (Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son)?
.....wait! Now I have a idea!

You have to collect songs that are available by landing on a music note space in which you draw a card that includes three songs each. Some cards are rarer and those cards include either five songs or a choose one song yourself card. The goal is to collect all the songs on a album. Understand? Of course you do! Maybe you don't but let's press on.

The other spaces would be a ? space, which you draw a card and something happens, like the turn order switching around or everyone swaps songs with each other. One other space would be the Steal space. If you land on this space, yup, you guessed it, you can steal songs from each other. And the two last spaces would be a quiz space, where you must answer a question about Iron Maiden and if you don't know the answer, which is highly unlikable but anyway, you lose a turn. And if you know the answer, you get to move forward three spaces. And the other one would be just a blank space where nothing happens. But...wait! I just came up with something! That blank space, if you land on it, no one can steal from you and you are unaffected by board events. But the catch is, you cannot do anything yourself. You land on there and nothing can happen to you. Understand? ...I guess you do.

And that's the gist of it. The game would need one dice, a lot of cards and at least two players.

Sooooo....what do you guys think? What are your thoughts? What are your ideas? Please leave an answer down below. You don't have to but I would respect if you did. Thank you for reading.

I'll see ya later! Ciao!

Stardust, you're still young enough to actually enjoy (or care) about new year. Shouldn't you be out drinking or something? :p

Last edited:
To young to actually be out drinking, though, Cried.

Remembering the thread about band breakfast cereals, I googled Kiss board games, and sure enough, there have been at least three of those, including "Kissopoly". Oh wow, and Kiss bingo too!

I think any board game where the object is to go around in circles and hope you land on the right spaces is a poor board game.

You've got 3 different game ideas going on at once, Dusty.

Any game where you move by dice through a sequence of spaces is functionally equivalent to Monopoly, even if the spaces are shaped like a pyramid. Then you've got collecting cards to assemble the right hand - not unheard of with board games (Risk, Monopoly deeds) - but when cards are in a board game, they're usually a secondary element to the board itself. Finally you have trivia questions.

I'd say that a trivia game works best as a separate thing. You could simply write Trivial Pursuit cards for a Maiden TP game. Your six categories: Songs, Albums, Tours, Videos, Band Members, Eddie (including merch in general).

It would take some careful balancing to create a good game with the card ideas listed above. If the goal is to create a specific winning hand (like all songs on one album), and there are very few such winning hands, and players can steal cards from each other ... I foresee a game that never ends as players keep stealing cards and no one can assemble the winning hand in a reasonable time.

If you want to use cards, I'd do it like this: have a sequence of spaces to move through, and the game is over when the first player reaches the last space for that. At that time, the player with the most total "points" on his cards wins.

Create a large board with multiple paths to the end, and allow the cards to affect the board. Let every space on the board have a song name, with the best songs at the end. You start with a few cards with a song name and 1-6 points - higher value points are on those good songs at the end of the board.

On your turn, you can play a card by laying it faceup on the table. No player can land on or cross the space with that song for a cycle of players (the card comes off the table when the same player takes his next turn). So by playing a card, you can block other players from reaching the end, forcing them to find another path. Anytime you play a card, you draw a new one to hold.

Every players moves 8 spaces forward on their turn, exactly - less the value of any card they played. So play a card and move 2-7 spaces, or play no card and move 8. This would also force a player to spend a card to arrive exactly on squares which yield a bonus. (Probably a bonus card to draw.)

With a good board design allowing many paths to the end, you still get to try and collect a high-value hand of cards, but there's more strategic gameplay than just rolling dice and hoping for the right cards.

Back