Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

The Book Of Souls & Senjutsu -> original and the ''real'' covers with details (from the booklets)!

Which ones do you prefer more? I like the originals a lot, but I will always say the others.

tbos-sj.jpg

I like that in TFP tour poster we finally get to see Senjutsu Eddie's army:

sj eddie - army.jpg

Brave men - they were only hinted at here, where they had to protect ''The Wall''!
sj eddie.jpg

I know the single cover of TWOTW is inspired by the video, but something similar would have been amazing and very fitting for the theme of the song. It would have been a great addition to the booklet - along with a big picture of the tower!

Iron Maiden, The Future Past tour - ''Senjutsu'' and ''Stranger In A Strange Land'' Eddies!

sj-siasl.jpg sj-siasl (2).jpg sj-siasl (3).jpg

SENJUTSU & SOMEWHERE IN TIME !

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
The Book Of Souls & Senjutsu -> original and the ''real'' covers with details (from the booklets)!

Which ones do you prefer more? I like the originals a lot, but I will always say the others.

View attachment 23992
I'd keep the Senjutsu cover as is, but the alternate Book of Souls cover would work quite well. Perhaps just darken the background a tick. Alternate Senjutsu cover just seems too bright to me.

Apparently, Derek isn't a fan of the idea for NPFTD cover.

Maybe the band should have asked him for an idea and then made a song about it, since they ran out of ideas. After SSOASS, maybe something spiritual (theme for Maiden's next album? why not) would have been a fitting continuation.

Dance Of Death Eddie from LOTB game would make a great cover for the album (even without details) - we only need a red background.

Edit: they should have fixed the original cover for the 2015 remaster of the album (like they did with NPFTD). No CGI, although it's authentic for the era.

Attachments

• dod.jpg
    dod.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Another great idea for the DOD cover would be something like the Somewhere Far Beyond cover - a dark forest with undead creatures (around it) and Eddie in the middle with the dancing figures from the original cover around him (in some carnival costumes, I guess) in a circle of fire.

Yeah, it belongs to the Beast on the Road tour 82. It appears on the Tour program. And Maybe some t-shirt of that period. But that it seems like that brand has stole the artwork.

Back