Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

View attachment 12699
Better than the original...
^ This would have been a great background for the original DOD cover (although the star and the colours are perfect for the vibe of it). The only thing I would change is to add the dancing figures from the original cover (not naked but with weird costumes)... no more dead creatures, maintain the carnival atmosphere.
When it comes to artwork: yes!
I agree, but not on a 100%.

Last edited:
I've always wondered why Melvyn Grant didn't do the single covers for the FOTD album (since he did the album cover). Or Derek Riggs (he did ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' live single cover, A Real Live/Dead One covers, 1993 tour poster and additional artworks from that era).

FOTD album was not great for the big tradition of Maiden covers - only ''Be Quick Or Be Dead'' singe has a cover with Eddie. The other 2 singles are without Eddie! Disappointiong. At least they're not entirely lazy covers (like the one for ''Speed Of Light''). :mad:

I've always wondered why Melvyn Grant didn't do the single covers for the FOTD album (since he did the album cover). Or Derek Riggs (he did ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' live single cover, A Real Live/Dead One covers, 1993 tour poster and additional artworks from that era).

FOTD album was not great for the big tradition of Maiden covers - only ''Be Quick Or Be Dead'' singe has a cover with Eddie. The other 2 singles are without Eddie! Disappointiong. At least they're not entirely lazy covers (like the one for ''Speed Of Light''). :mad:
I agree with you, Speed of Light single and TBOS album are a little too minimalistic perhaps deserved something more. Have a great rest of evening.

Back