Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

The only true way to get that Eddie and the 1982 DJ Eddie is to buy 'Best of the Beast' on vinyl, as the booklet is larger. It's very expensive at the moment at around €380 to €400 on ebay.

Just a heads up, that Lord of the Flies Eddie is not in the vinyl booklet of Best of the Beast

Just a heads up, that Lord of the Flies Eddie is not in the vinyl booklet of Best of the Beast

It's actually NOT Lord of the Flies Eddie that I want, but that super rare one where Eddie's head is on a spike with lots of blood, and two other poles in the background. It's definitely a Derek Riggs Eddie. It's this one that I want:

It has to be in the 'Best of Beast' vinyl as it's also in the CD version. When I do get that vinyl version, I'll scan it in at 400 dpi and share with any fans who want it.

I like both versions. The final version is more complete and I don't care if it was without the football pitch. This album cover is one of my favorites versions of Eddie - superb work from Melvyn Grant, who also done the FOTD album cover, which is my all-time favorite cover and Eddie !

I love Eddie as well. I remember buying Virtual IX back in 1998 on tape in Virgin, and then bringing back the next day and changing it for the CD version, just because the artwork was bigger.

It's actually NOT Lord of the Flies Eddie that I want, but that super rare one where Eddie's head is on a spike with lots of blood, and two other poles in the background. It's definitely a Derek Riggs Eddie. It's this one that I want:

It has to be in the 'Best of Beast' vinyl as it's also in the CD version. When I do get that vinyl version, I'll scan it in at 400 dpi and share with any fans who want it.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I know it's not the official Lord of the Flies picture but it was definitely done for Lord of the Flies as it looks exactly like the pigs head impaled on a spike from the book, shown here in the black and white film,

It's one of the key symbols in the book and it's what gives it the title Lord of the Flies.

Also, I have the vinyl, the picture is not in it, I would scan the page for you but my scanner is only a4, but take my word for it, the picture is not in the vinyl version. Neither is the other rare one that Perun posted a few pages back.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I know it's not the official Lord of the Flies picture but it was definitely done for Lord of the Flies as it looks exactly like the pigs head impaled on a spike from the book, shown here in the black and white film,

It's one of the key symbols in the book and it's what gives it the title Lord of the Flies.

Also, I have the vinyl, the picture is not in it, I would scan the page for you but my scanner is only a4, but take my word for it, the picture is not in the vinyl version. Neither is the other rare one that Perun posted a few pages back.

That's a shame, ah well. But can you please please scan in that 1982 DJ Eddie for me. All you need is an A4 for that image. If you could scan it in at either 350 dpi or 400 dpi that would be fantastic. This is the image that I want, it should be at the back of the booklet.

Thanks a million in advance. My email is MTBroome@msn.com

First guess: Melvyn Grant but I´m not sure.

Dunno. Maybe it is Mark Wilkinson who has done TGU backdrop for TBOS tour (but he also done TBOS album cover). Or it is Hervé Monjeaud, but he is more related to tour posters artworks.

Probably it is some guy whose work is to make backdrops for tours.

I've watched the ''Wasted Years'' video and I can't remember if I've seen this Eddie on some cover or artwork before.... :help2:

Attachments

• wy video.jpg
    wy video.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 15
Dunno. Maybe it is Mark Wilkinson who has done TGU backdrop for TBOS tour (but he also done TBOS album cover). Or it is Hervé Monjeaud, but he is more related to tour posters artworks.

Probably it is some guy whose work is to make backdrops for tours.

As far as I know, that's one of the Eddie masks from the Piece of Mind era. I think Rod Smallwood may have worn it a few times.

Back