Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Dan Mumford returns with some sweet new Maiden art, based off Revelations and Flight of Icarus. I really like the Revelations one, but not so keen on FOI.

REVELATIONS_1_590x.jpg

Icarus_Main_1366x.jpg

I'm not getting the falling cube and the cult on the cliff. What am I missing?

Dan Mumford returns with some sweet new Maiden art, based off Revelations and Flight of Icarus. I really like the Revelations one, but not so keen on FOI.

REVELATIONS_1_590x.jpg

Icarus_Main_1366x.jpg

These are not new - they are from 2018 (the start of the LOTB tour). Dave wears the FOI shirt this tour.

These are not new - they are from 2018 (the start of the LOTB tour). Dave wears the FOI shirt this tour.

So he did, I didn't recognise them. :blush: I believe they were newly released in poster form (in a few different colour variations) for New York Comic Con this past weekend, hence my confusion.

Once again expensive postage stops me from buying one. :mad:

It's probably Eddie's padded cell from the POM cover, which is also seen featured as a "box" in the sky on the original Flight of Icarus single cover art. :) The same goes for the "cult", it's probably a reference to the original art by Riggs.

21053027428_7edd7f7a47_b__01.jpg

It's probably Eddie's padded cell from the POM cover, which is also seen featured as a "box" in the sky on the original Flight of Icarus single cover art. :) The same goes for the "cult", it's probably a reference to the original art by Riggs.

View attachment 10560

Also on the old Derek Riggs-pages yuo can still find comments of each cover and such, there's some inside info and stuff, like he mentions that padded cell on the cover of Flight Of Icarus, it's the place where the cover of the album Piece Of Mind happens.

I thought this is a well known fact.

It is and surely we've all seen them old Derek Riggs-pages that can still be accessed via waybackmachine.
Anyways, I decided to mention those things as some newer pals around here might not know all the funny and interesting stuff about the arts.

It is and surely we've all seen them old Derek Riggs-pages that can still be accessed via waybackmachine.
Anyways, I decided to mention those things as some newer pals around here might not know all the funny and interesting stuff about the arts.
Good thing. I know my history about Derek's drawings but still hear new details.
:cool:

Anyone knows if Derek based the Crystal ball of the prophet from the Seventh Son in this art work made by Bruce Pennington for 3 To the Highest Power by Ray Bradbury, Theodore Sturgeon and Chad Oliver (edited in 1971) ? I found beautiful and very similar to the Crystal ball by Derek. He didn't says anything about it in his book. He says the crystal ball is not the original artwork he made when he showed to the band because they said it was too heavy and put a sticker over it and painted the crystal ball we know.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. I love science fiction art and illustrations

Thanks. Good, but not enough quality for anything else than web.

The pictures that I posted are from Maiden's official site and Twitter - I think this will be the highest quality that you'll find for them. I could be wrong though.... check the Akirant Illustration site if they will upload the tour poster there (they have done the artwork and all tour posters for LOTB tour).

I've recently found a tour poster from the AMOLAD tour and for me it is better than the actual album cover ! One of the reasons is that Eddie is the main thing on the cover (the focus is on him), as it should be - not at the back of the cover ! Also, this poster has the tank on the background - good detail.

But, for the actual album cover, I think the tank is done well - only Eddie should have been at the front of the cover and the skeleton soldiers to be at the back or around the tank - then it would be much better album cover.

Guys, what are your thoughts about the tour poster artwork ?

View attachment 6793

I much prefer the album cover, which is great.

Yeah, I prefer the album cover. Even the t-shirt designs are much better than that.
That Eddie is asking that tank to pass over :lol: (see the blood flow…you know)

I like that on the last 3 albums there is a ''Eddie symbol'' for every one of them.

Attachments

• amolad.jpg
    amolad.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 28
  • tff.jpg
    tff.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 27
  • tbos.jpg
    tbos.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 29
Back