Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Does really the Purgatory single cover has 3 different images of Eddie, or this is fan made?

Originally, TNOTB album cover was the cover for Purgatory, but Rod liked it and save it for a album (brilliant choice - timeless artwork!).

Attachments

• 64698649_374609119825909_5641255864724619264_n.jpg
    64698649_374609119825909_5641255864724619264_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 61
It's Photoshopped by someone.
If the Purgatory single cover had been used for The Number of the Beast the ultra-catholics would burn even more and Maiden would sold more albums, and the metalheads would look with devil's moustache :D

I'll start with that:

This was in very early stages of the artwork for the Virtual XI album. The working title at that time was: Virtual Insanity (pretty good title). This picture do not have the football pitch, but anyway, I think that the cover for the VXI album is a very cool piece of artwork !

View attachment 6736

You wouldn't have this early picture of Virtual XI in hi-res would you?

I'm also looking for these very rare Eddie images also in hi-res. Does anybody have them in a much better res?

Attachments

• DJ Eddie 3.jpg
    DJ Eddie 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Very rare Eddie from the X-Factor Period.jpg
    Very rare Eddie from the X-Factor Period.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 206
  • official-vintage-iron-maiden-eddie-dj_1_55c92f34641659d2cbfa397e4ab6aadc.jpg
    official-vintage-iron-maiden-eddie-dj_1_55c92f34641659d2cbfa397e4ab6aadc.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 61
I've recently found a tour poster from the AMOLAD tour and for me it is better than the actual album cover ! One of the reasons is that Eddie is the main thing on the cover (the focus is on him), as it should be - not at the back of the cover ! Also, this poster has the tank on the background - good detail.

But, for the actual album cover, I think the tank is done well - only Eddie should have been at the front of the cover and the skeleton soldiers to be at the back or around the tank - then it would be much better album cover.

Guys, what are your thoughts about the tour poster artwork ?

View attachment 6793

I never seen that version before. It isn't possible you would have it in hi-res by any chance?

Here is Prt 1 of my rare Eddie updates I got recently. All of them are in very hi-res. Obviously this site downsizes them a lot.

Attachments

• Killers (without type).jpg
    Killers (without type).jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Eddie Smashing a Pole.jpg
    Eddie Smashing a Pole.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Mexican Eddie Swallowing an Armadillo.jpg
    Mexican Eddie Swallowing an Armadillo.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Live in Ipswich.jpg
    Live in Ipswich.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 53
  • World Piece Tour.jpg
    World Piece Tour.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Powerslave (without type).jpg
    Powerslave (without type).jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Somewhere in Time (without type).jpg
    Somewhere in Time (without type).jpg
    697.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Somewhere On Tour (version 2).jpg
    Somewhere On Tour (version 2).jpg
    607 KB · Views: 65
  • Stranger in a Strange Land 2.jpg
    Stranger in a Strange Land 2.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Somewhere Back in Time Eddie.jpg
    Somewhere Back in Time Eddie.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Prt 2 of my rare Eddie updates.

Attachments

• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (without type) 2.jpg
    Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (without type) 2.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (without type).jpg
    Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (without type).jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Seventh Son Tour Programme.jpg
    Seventh Son Tour Programme.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 51
  • All Acess Seventh Son Eddie.jpg
    All Acess Seventh Son Eddie.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Eddie And Baby 2.jpg
    Eddie And Baby 2.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Metal Madness Magazine.jpg
    Metal Madness Magazine.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 50
  • The First Ten Years Judge Eddie.jpg
    The First Ten Years Judge Eddie.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 42
  • 12 Wasted Years.jpg
    12 Wasted Years.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Holy Smoke (without type).jpg
    Holy Smoke (without type).jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Hooks in You 2.jpg
    Hooks in You 2.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 37
Prt 3 of my rare Eddie updates. All these images come from my personal collection, and as usual if anyone wants much higher res versions pm me, or message me of my profile.

Attachments

• The Clairvoyant (without type).jpg
    The Clairvoyant (without type).jpg
    508 KB · Views: 39
  • DJ Eddie 2.jpg
    DJ Eddie 2.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 43
  • The Angel and the Gambler (no type).jpg
    The Angel and the Gambler (no type).jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 40
  • From Here to Eternity Eddie Bat.jpg
    From Here to Eternity Eddie Bat.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Eddie Killing a Pink Dog.jpg
    Eddie Killing a Pink Dog.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Be Quick or be Dead (without type).jpg
    Be Quick or be Dead (without type).jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 37
  • BBC Archives.jpg
    BBC Archives.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 33
Does anyone have/can get/can make/can steal the Riggs version of the Futureal artwork in some kind of megabig format? I want to use it as a wallpaper or homescreen on my 35" ultrawide monitor that I use for Real Science Computing. That (along with the Clairvoyant) are by far my favorite Eddie artworks. Which artworks you ask? Futureal by Derek Riggs, and The Clairvoyant by Derek Riggs. I actually have a Clairvoyant hoodie sweatshirtjacket. I use it to keep my warm on cold nights in the abyss. It has a "middle pocket" that I can stick my hands in and then pretend I'm being deviant in public. But I'd never cut a hole in this sweatshirthoody just to make contact with my sausage. That's for the nighttime!

Does anyone have/can get/can make/can steal the Riggs version of the Futureal artwork in some kind of megabig format? I want to use it as a wallpaper or homescreen on my 35" ultrawide monitor that I use for Real Science Computing. That (along with the Clairvoyant) are by far my favorite Eddie artworks. Which artworks you ask? Futureal by Derek Riggs, and The Clairvoyant by Derek Riggs. I actually have a Clairvoyant hoodie sweatshirtjacket. I use it to keep my warm on cold nights in the abyss. It has a "middle pocket" that I can stick my hands in and then pretend I'm being deviant in public. But I'd never cut a hole in this sweatshirthoody just to make contact with my sausage. That's for the nighttime!

You probably didn't notice my previous post with all the rare Eddies? Anyway I have both Futureal and The Clairvoyant in excellent resolutions. Futureal is 2267 x 3102 and Clairvoyant is 5817 x 5759. Are these good enough for you? The only problem is I don't know how to send pms on this site.

Back