Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Do you guys like the NPFTD cover ?

I like it more without the digger (remastered edition from 1998), but the original one is also good - classic Eddie from around the first 3 albums (back to the roots, haha) and a little inspiration from the LAD cover maybe.....

I remember an interview (around AMOLAD era) where Steve and Nicko said that they do not like that cover so much.

For me a album cover should not look so real (like TXF album cover - though Eddie is fearsome and great.... or the futuristic city in BNW or the DOD album cover and even AMOLAD but to a way less extent). I like when they are like comic book (basically all other Maiden album covers).

I remember when I saw it at the shop the release date and it was like a little downer compared with Seventh Son, It had a strange Eddie and the Maiden logo smaller than the other albums. It also hadn't an illustrated backcover like the others, suddenly a pic with the band and the new guy, Janick, all was a little weird but exciting at the same time.
At the begining was a little dissapointed but liked me much later. I remember that Metal Hammer magazine included a four parts giant poster that I collected and hanged on my room, it was awesome! It's much better than The Final Frontier and Dance of Death of course.

Did you know: according to Derek Riggs, he created the cover for TNOTB album for 2 days and the cover for SIT album for 2 months and a half.

Another one unseen, It must be done for the legacy of the beast comics or prints, who knows…
It's Dan Mumford's style

Another one unseen, It must be done for the legacy of the beast comics or prints, who knows…
It's Dan Mumford's style
View attachment 9740

These artworks also looks in similar style as the ones for HBTN and SOTV ->

and they are also probably done by him (especially the ones for Powerslave and GOTN).

Attachments

• powerslave.jpg
    powerslave.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 38
  • gotn.jpg
    gotn.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2mtm.jpg
    2mtm.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • killers.jpg
    killers.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 30
  • fotd.jpg
    fotd.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 33
A artwork for ''To Tame A Land''.

Who is the artist... no idea.

Attachments

• ttal.jpg
    ttal.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 25
The Hallowed and Shadows of the Valley were both on (the same) shirt (front and back) that was sold during the Book of Souls Tour. Ironic that even though they were selling these shirts, they didn't play either song.

They played HBTN during the 2016 leg of the tour.

SOTV was a missed opportunity sadly. :(

Back