Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

A Continuation of the rare Eddie pics. As I said in the previous thread you can pm me for the high res images, as these are only the low res samples.

Attachments

• Aces High.jpg
    Aces High.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Behind the Iron Curtain.jpg
    Behind the Iron Curtain.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Canadian Mountie Eddie.jpg
    Canadian Mountie Eddie.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Eddie And Baby 2.jpg
    Eddie And Baby 2.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Eddie Destroying The World.jpg
    Eddie Destroying The World.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Eddie in a Denim Jacket.jpg
    Eddie in a Denim Jacket.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Eddie Smashing Tomb.jpg
    Eddie Smashing Tomb.jpg
    822.2 KB · Views: 39
  • From Here to Eternity Eddie Bat.jpg
    From Here to Eternity Eddie Bat.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 40
  • The First Ten Years Judge Eddie.jpg
    The First Ten Years Judge Eddie.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Somewhere in Time Eddie Coming Through The Wall.jpg
    Somewhere in Time Eddie Coming Through The Wall.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 46
Hey @Lord of Wolves 78 , I'm probably not the right person to tell you this, but these pictures of Eddie that you've posted are not rare. They are only a high res images. And If I'm not mistake you opened two different threads about this kind of stuff (HD pictures of Eddie). So you can stick them there.

Yep, i know something about the cat. it comes in the book. It's a kind of tribute to his cats
But on the Killers album cover he hold the axe with his right hand. :confused:
I think Derek didn't painted Benjamin Breeg. Maybe the other illustrator was lefty

Hey @Lord of Wolves 78 , I'm probably not the right person to tell you this, but these pictures of Eddie that you've posted are not rare. They are only a high res images. And If I'm not mistake you opened two different threads about this kind of stuff (HD pictures of Eddie). So you can stick them there.

I would tend to disagree, because some of those images are very very hard to get hold of. Sure you might find them on the internet, but they will be a poor resolution or unusable resolution for print. What I mean by rare is simply they are hard to acquire the original versions, or a very good reprint/repro. For example the Canadian Mountie Eddie is only available in the 1995 calendar which is very hard to find, Eddie destroying the world is hard to come by too (I got those from Derek Riggs 'Run For Cover' book), the hooks in you Eddie with the red eye is almost impossible to find. I have the original A1 poster. And lastly 'Stranger in a Strange Land, Aces High and Run to the Hills without the type are not easy to find.

I found this on the net. It belongs to a bootleg, but Anyone can talle me if is it official from Derek Riggs? because I think is well done and is very close to his style.Thanks

Attachments

• ironmaiden-live-of-long-distance-runner2.jpg
    ironmaiden-live-of-long-distance-runner2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 38
I found this on the net. It belongs to a bootleg, but Anyone can talle me if is it official from Derek Riggs? because I think is well done and is very close to his style.Thanks

I am pretty sure it is by Tap Legion (Tommy Pons) (a one time user on this forum), but I may be wrong.

Compare his art below:

20s6ayu.jpg

7.jpg

Eddiexmas1_80.jpg

I would tend to disagree, because some of those images are very very hard to get hold of. Sure you might find them on the internet, but they will be a poor resolution or unusable resolution for print. What I mean by rare is simply they are hard to acquire the original versions, or a very good reprint/repro. For example the Canadian Mountie Eddie is only available in the 1995 calendar which is very hard to find, Eddie destroying the world is hard to come by too (I got those from Derek Riggs 'Run For Cover' book), the hooks in you Eddie with the red eye is almost impossible to find. I have the original A1 poster. And lastly 'Stranger in a Strange Land, Aces High and Run to the Hills without the type are not easy to find.

You already posted some of them on yours two threads. And if I can find them on the internet (yeah, probably the will be with a poor quality), then that points that they are not rare. I just wanted to say that you created 2 threads specifically for these HD pictures of Eddie (which are awesome) and it would be a normal thing to post them there, because they respond to the threads title.

Is it just me or the backdrop for ''Dance of Death'' (during DOD tour) is better than the original album cover.... I mean, the drawing of Eddie and the other ones look different from the album cover - it looks more cartoonish, but for me it's way better.

! They used a different backdrop for the song during TFF tour - nice backdrop too.

Attachments

• dod03.png
    dod03.png
    615.5 KB · Views: 50
  • dod03(2).jpg
    dod03(2).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 48
  • tff10.jpg
    tff10.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 47
I agree, it's way better.

But let's be honest: anything would be better than the original Eddie on the album cover.

I agree, it's way better.

But let's be honest: anything would be better than the original Eddie on the album cover.

Yeah. I also like that in this backdrop from the DOD tour Eddie's one eye (the right eye) is not red - like on the original album cover. And the monks at the back are not so realistic. But let's also not forget that Maiden used the unfinished version of the original album cover - they liked it, because it looks strange..... If someone can re-create that cover from the backdrop and post it in the Internet - it would be awesome.

The backdrop for ''Dance of Death'' during TFF tour is also the cover for the No More Lies EP [2004] - and Eddie right eye is red, just like on the original cover.

But that again shows that nothing can beat the drawing of an artist. CGI graphics are not the real deal (Riggs was a better artist before starts to use them). And for me, the album covers should not look so realistic (like the futuristic city in the BNW album cover). They should look more like comic book or something.... personal opinion, of course. TXF cover looks more realistic, but it's kinda cool. BNW, DOD and even AMOLAD covers have remarks in them. With TFF and TBOS covers Maiden returned to the style of their first 7 albums + NPFTD, FOTD and VXI covers. But I guess they used CGI graphics in the early 2000s because that was when computers starts to take a bigger role in our lives and artists wanted to experiment with their drawings (Riggs too. Not wonder why his artwork for TWM single was rejected).

Last edited:
Back