Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

''Virus'' single also has three covers. But this time they went with the best one IMO. I really like the short version of the song, which is 3,54 minutes long as opposite to the 6,14 minutes original version. I wanted the song to have a solo/s on it.

1- this is the original cover for the single. Reminds me of the SSOASS era singles and the green background is superb. The best one of the three.
2- this has to be one of the ugliest Eddies ever.
3- this one is pure evil. Not bad though.

The first cover was done by Riggs (he also done the cover for the compilation BOTB '96 from where this song is), but I wonder for the other two covers if the artist is Hugh Syme, the creater of TXF cover, since these two Eddies are similar to TXF Eddie.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 53
I’m disagreeing with you again. I’ve always loved that “#2”. One of my favorite Maiden covers ever. The other two are pretty cool as well.

''Virus'' single also has three covers. But this time they went with the best one IMO. I really like the short version of the song, which is 3,54 minutes long as opposite to the 6,14 minutes original version. I wanted the song to have a solo/s on it.

1- this is the original cover for the single. Reminds me of the SSOASS era singles and the green background is superb. The best one of the three.
2- this has to be one of the ugliest Eddies ever.
3- this one is pure evil. Not bad though.

The first cover was done by Riggs (he also done the cover for the compilation BOTB '96 from where this song is), but I wonder for the other two covers if the artist is Hugh Syme, the creater of TXF cover, since these two Eddies are similar to TXF Eddie.

I don't care about rating covers, but those three side by side are stunning. Digital, biological, and sociological virus.

TAATG single has 3 covers, but Maiden have chosen the worst of the three to be the actual cover for the single. The case was the same with the Futureal single cover..... and I want to say that this song is far from the worst Maiden song ever, as so many fans thinks. The 4 minutes version on the official video is great and obviously they should had used it instead of the almost 10 minutes version that made the album, but I still like the song despite the awful repetition of the chorus and I will not include this song in my least favorite Maiden songs.

1- this is the original cover for the single. Just a EH Eddie head - lazy !!!
2- this artwork (I think it was created by Riggs) was used as a backdrop for the song live during the VXI tour back in 1998. Awesome cover !
3- and the third one is the best (currently my new profile picture). The second one fits the theme of the song better, but this artwork is genial - I wonder who is the artist? And I like playing games with cards, so... :p The second and the third artworks, Eddie is with his classic face, I always will admire that.

Wasn't the second one the cover for the vinyl single?

I've found this great artwork of Eddie - he is a tsar on it or something. It could have been a good album cover for TBOS, I suppose.

Anyone knows from where is this artwork ?

771aa0b26eb71d59d1744e8a3a66263a.jpg

At a really wild guess, it was inspired by TBOS. Looks like an attempt at a Mayan priest.

That or a Native American? Or even El Dorado, the legendary man made of gold (see Scrooge McDuck). It looks like it's made in the vein of Holy Diver's cover, though.

These are the original sketches from Riggs for SIT album cover. Eddie is with hair - and looks brutally good, even better than the original IMHO. :clap:

Attachments

• sit6.jpg
    sit6.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 89
  • sit7.jpg
    sit7.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 83
  • sit5.jpg
    sit5.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 78
Recent drawings of Eddie by Riggs - the pharaoh Eddie is brutally good.

Attachments

• pharaoh eddie.png
    pharaoh eddie.png
    519.8 KB · Views: 68
  • eddie throne.jpg
    eddie throne.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 64
I've searched for this artwork for a long time. Finally, Maiden posted it on their Twitter account. Brutal piece of art done by the one and only, Derek Riggs ! :yey:

Attachments

• 51762718_237546760464865_5252275919564832768_n.jpg
    51762718_237546760464865_5252275919564832768_n.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 79
Back