Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

This is the poster that came along with the single for the Futureal song and was done by Derek Riggs, but for some reason didn't make the cover. Instead, they used the artwork with the copy SIT Eddie and it was in CG form :mad: - nothing can beat the drawing of a picture where the talent of the artist is shown in full - this is proven by Derek Riggs not once !

View attachment 6745
Hadn’t seen this one in years. It’s easily in my top five Eddie pictures of all time!

I am always interested in looking at various Eddies and I never will play the game, so that would be cool by me.

I think I will do it if there is enough interest. I also thinking of a thread about all the official Eddies released from the band - studio albums, singles, live albums, video albums, EP, compilation albums, box sets, in order, or all the backdrops (that can be found), but that is one hell of a work just to find them as a good quality picture. :)

EDIT: I also do not play the game, I tried, but I think only the concept is good. If it was a game like Mortal Kombat then it would have been fantastic ! But the game gave us some really cool drawings of Eddie.

Last edited:
I've found this great version of TBOS Eddie - it says, IESF Eddie - maybe it is a fan made art. B)

80.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, I want to ask you - I have an idea to create a thread about all of the Eddies in the LOTB game, is it worth, will it be cool... ? :blush:

Guys, I've found the pictures of all of the LOTB game Eddies, I think. - well, some are not so good pictures,/wallpapers, but at least, you can see Eddie.. :lol:

I have them ready to be posted, so again, is it worth doing so ?

Last edited:
Guys, I've found the pictures of all of the LOTB game Eddies, I think. - well, some are not so good pictures,/wallpapers, but at least, you can see Eddie.. :lol:

I have them ready to be posted, so again, is it worth doing so ?

Having them all in one place would be nice for people who are interested in Eddie in general :)

Found this bootleg cover while traversing the web:

IronMaiden_1981-10-26_Bologna_1front_1345634018.jpg

No idea who it's by. It's from a show in Italy, 1981 on the Killers tour, though the art is obviously later as it references later albums. I think this would make a great compilation cover!

(Source: http://www.chmetal.info/modules/recordings/public/audio.php?details=1216)
That's Herve Monjeaud's artwork, I think he may have also had done my profile picture too, similar style eddies.

It have a lot of great artworks with Eddie around the web and I'm curious to know who is the artist and if the artwork have a specific theme for a cover or something else... :oops: These are 4 great Eddie artworks which depict the classic Eddie face.

View attachment 7238 View attachment 7239 View attachment 7240 View attachment 7241

The other 3 are Riggs. The one with water is TNOB tour Australia (look at all the kangaroos killed!), The one in the station is from the Killers era (it was done for a radio station) and the third one is a rejected Eddie around the TNOB era

I say this as the world's biggest fan of the song - I hate that artwork. Eddie looks like a poorly drawn savage, like someone looked at the RLDO Eddie and went, "That looks like a good idea."

I say this as the world's biggest fan of the song - I hate that artwork. Eddie looks like a poorly drawn savage, like someone looked at the RLDO Eddie and went, "That looks like a good idea."

Seriously ? I think it looks great - Eddie as a soldier always looks great.

Seriously ? I think it looks great - Eddie as a soldier always looks great.

I pretty much agree with @LooseCannon; soldier Eddie works when it's done well. I'd say that while this one isn't actually that badly drawn, it doesn't really reach the mood of the song involved and it isn't the strongest take on "soldier Eddie" in general. As said, not excatly too badly drawn, but it's a bit too generic and like AMOLAD Eddie with a early 90's Riggs treatment or something... Just my two cents, naturally. :)

I wouldn't qualify it for any official use, let's put it that way. :p

Paschendale’s artwork isn’t terrible but I wouldn’t call it a favorite at the same time. I do think it fits the song, though.

I don't like it when they go with an excessively wide head/cheekbones for a trollish Eddie rather than cadaverous. He becomes a generic ugly monster rather than the original trademark, who I'm sure was meant to be a metalhead risen from the grave.

Back