Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Even so, the background need not be entirely devoid of any content whatsoever. It looks to me as if the designer spent so much time and energy on Eddie that they didn't have anything left for the rest of the cover

Why? neither album has much in the way of a common theme throughout every song
SiT's syntheticky futuristic electronic sound, BNW's triumphal return of Bruce and Adrian, old Maiden with a new twist.

The version we got is classic, but I think Riggs' suits the title better. I'd love to see a finished version of that!

Yeah, me too. Though, the FOTD album cover is a real classic and my personal favorite album cover of all time...

The version we got is classic, but I think Riggs' suits the title better. I'd love to see a finished version of that!

I like Riggs' Fear of the Dark pic, but I think it is a little too similar to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Black_Sabbath_SbS.jpg

It have a lot of great artworks with Eddie around the web and I'm curious to know who is the artist and if the artwork have a specific theme for a cover or something else... :oops: These are 4 great Eddie artworks which depict the classic Eddie face.

105(3.3).jpg 108(2).jpg 98(2).jpg 113.jpg

Last edited:
It have a lot of great artworks with Eddie around the web and I'm curious to know who is the artist and if the artwork have a specific theme for a cover or something else... :oops: These are 4 great Eddie artworks which depict the classic Eddie face.

View attachment 7147 View attachment 7148 View attachment 7150
View attachment 7149

I believe the Violin Eddie is Tommy Pons (I could be mistaken, but I think he has posted on this forum)

Attached is a fuller pic of the violin Eddie, plus some of his other works. He is a very talented artist :)

Attachments

• 43008930np8.jpg
    43008930np8.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 71
  • EddieViolin_POST.jpg
    EddieViolin_POST.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 63
  • Eddiexmas1_80.jpg
    Eddiexmas1_80.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Tommy Pons is @Tap Legion, and used to post here quite regularly. Those really look like Tommy's work.

The composition is great, if the book had many detail on in some semi-bright colors it would be an A side material

I'm still disappointed that the Speed Of Light single do not have a proper artwork (EOTC, which is the second single, has a killer artwork !). :mad: Whyyyyy, Maiden always were the band with the coolest artworks and I think that they went through the easy way in that case. The video of the song was good and I quite like the Eddie on that video with the leather jacket, jeans and the hair, like it was from some glam metal band: http://proximonivel.pt/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/iron-maiden-the-speed-of-light-pn.jpg

I miss the look of Eddie with the long punk hair from the 80's....

I think, these two artworks, the first is from the making of the video and the second is a artwork that I have found today, when I searched for SOL Eddie, were good candidates for a single cover art:

sol1.jpg sol2.jpg

Last edited:
I think this artwork was also a good variant for a album cover of the TFF album - the background could have been an alien ship or the cosmos:

final_frontier_tour_2011_eddie_by_edheadkt-d376m1m.jpg

Last edited:
Back