Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
It didn't cut down on the repetition though, only the song length, which means less of the verses. It's a poor editing job.
And no way should they have used the video edit. I agree with Diesel and many others about it keeping the repetition in play and cutting out one of the strongest aspects of the song, the third verse. Just my opinion of course. The album version is indeed quite stretched, but I don't find the video edit as a big improvement anyway.
Ok, check this edited version then, it's 6,28 minutes long:
(it has both solos, not only Dave's solo like on the official video)

EDIT: the second clip is a short version of the song officially released by Maiden on the CD single.

Even Maiden cut it down to 7 minutes live :lol:

All three TAATG covers are okay but poor for Maiden.
I beg to differ. As @Randalf said, they're good (#2 and especially #3) and better than a lot of the singles covers from the reunion. Only TWM, TROBB and EOTC singles covers are far better.

Last edited:

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
''Virus'' single also has three covers. But this time they went with the best one IMO. I really like the short version of the song, which is 3,54 minutes long as opposite to the 6,14 minutes original version. I wanted the song to have a solo/s on it.

1- this is the original cover for the single. Reminds me of the SSOASS era singles and the green background is superb. The best one of the three.
2- this has to be one of the ugliest Eddies ever.
3- this one is pure evil. Not bad though.

The first cover was done by Riggs (he also done the cover for the compilation BOTB '96 from where this song is), but I wonder for the other two covers if the artist is Hugh Syme, the creater of TXF cover, since these two Eddies are similar to TXF Eddie.

Attachments

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
I’m disagreeing with you again. I’ve always loved that “#2”. One of my favorite Maiden covers ever. The other two are pretty cool as well.

Zare

Automaton Sovietico
''Virus'' single also has three covers. But this time they went with the best one IMO. I really like the short version of the song, which is 3,54 minutes long as opposite to the 6,14 minutes original version. I wanted the song to have a solo/s on it.

1- this is the original cover for the single. Reminds me of the SSOASS era singles and the green background is superb. The best one of the three.
2- this has to be one of the ugliest Eddies ever.
3- this one is pure evil. Not bad though.

The first cover was done by Riggs (he also done the cover for the compilation BOTB '96 from where this song is), but I wonder for the other two covers if the artist is Hugh Syme, the creater of TXF cover, since these two Eddies are similar to TXF Eddie.
I don't care about rating covers, but those three side by side are stunning. Digital, biological, and sociological virus.

TAATG single has 3 covers, but Maiden have chosen the worst of the three to be the actual cover for the single. The case was the same with the Futureal single cover..... and I want to say that this song is far from the worst Maiden song ever, as so many fans thinks. The 4 minutes version on the official video is great and obviously they should had used it instead of the almost 10 minutes version that made the album, but I still like the song despite the awful repetition of the chorus and I will not include this song in my least favorite Maiden songs.

1- this is the original cover for the single. Just a EH Eddie head - lazy !!!
2- this artwork (I think it was created by Riggs) was used as a backdrop for the song live during the VXI tour back in 1998. Awesome cover !
3- and the third one is the best (currently my new profile picture). The second one fits the theme of the song better, but this artwork is genial - I wonder who is the artist? And I like playing games with cards, so... :p The second and the third artworks, Eddie is with his classic face, I always will admire that.
Wasn't the second one the cover for the vinyl single?

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
It would be a great single cover for ''Death Or Glory''..... red triplane all over it. And the song is perfect for a single.

This cover would be the continuation of the ''Aces High'' single cover. :yes:

regerge.jpg

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
I've found this great artwork of Eddie - he is a tsar on it or something. It could have been a good album cover for TBOS, I suppose.

Anyone knows from where is this artwork ?

771aa0b26eb71d59d1744e8a3a66263a.jpg

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
That or a Native American? Or even El Dorado, the legendary man made of gold (see Scrooge McDuck). It looks like it's made in the vein of Holy Diver's cover, though.

Luisma

Years Wasted