if you could send Steve back in time to correct ONE mistake in the entire Maiden history: what thing would you choose him to have changed?

Manic Street Preachers hold the record of the longest song title to go to #1 in the UK with the superb If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next.

You probably will soon hold the record for longest thread title at Maidenfans.com!

I agree with Steve’s own assessment that he should’ve allowed Total Eclipse on Number of the Beast instead of Gangland. Beyond that, I wouldn’t call anything he’s done a “mistake.”

Manic Street Preachers hold the record of the longest song title to go to #1 in the UK with the superb If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next.

I thought of Pink Floyd’s “Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict”.

Nowhere near no1 but quite long.

Open the next LOTB setlist with Alexander the Great.

See, without changing the course of history, we can still re-write the future!

Maybe go back to when he was writing The Nomad and try to avoid the whole plagiarism thing.

Since I LOVE Nomad, I would wait him to remove the plagiarism and I’d ask him to put it back again.

:devil:

EDIT @Lampwick 43 no really think about it.
This part except being a beautiful hommage to Beckett’s, it’s also a bridge in time between Nomad and Hallowed be thy Name’s narrative.

The protagonist of Hallowed dies at the Gallows Pole during the dark ages somewhere in Central Europe. He then is being reincarnated in Ordos, Mongolia, becomes a warrior and follows the hordes of mighty Genghis Khan, to finally reach back to the place of his hanging and completely burn it to the ground.

One of the many possible spin offs! ;)

Last edited:
Leave out the bikini baby on the DOD album cover.
Man, that bikini baby ties the whole thing together!

But for reals, I’ve always loved that cover. It’s goofy and unfinished, sure, but it has this weird surreal mix of a Dali painting with the aesthetics of Kubrick’s movie Eyes Wide Shut, and I just can’t hate it.

Back