Iced Earth

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
Former JUDAS PRIEST/current ICED EARTH vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens has launched his official web site at [a href=\'http://TimRipperOwens.com\' target=\'_blank\']TimRipperOwens.com[/a].

Owens has just completed work on his first solo demo recording with a view towards landing a record deal. "In the meantime I've got a few more killer tracks that aren't on the demo, and I think they are the best yet, so it's going real good!" Tim told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "After I sign a deal, I will lock myself in the studio and get it done (with producer Jim Morris).

"On guitars will be John Comprix (13 FACES, SPAWN)," Owens continued. "Not sure about drums, but I hope it's either Bobby [Jarzombek] from ICED EARTH or Jeff Plate from TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA/SAVATAGE! Maybe a few guests thrown in... I would love to get Scott Ian [ANTHRAX] on a track or two!

"The project doesn't have a name yet... Some [suggested] RIP, but I thought I would get the fans to come up with something! The influence of the music would lean toward... PRIEST/SABBATH/PANTERA without the real heavy vocals!"

Bravewords adds this:

Former JUDAS PRIEST and current ICED EARTH vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens has launched his own website at www.TimRipperOwens.com.

On it, Owens has posted the following message: "What's up everybody? As you can see, we are trying to get this thing up and running, and hopefully it will be complete real soon! As for Iced Earth, Jon's back is getting better, but it still isn't 100%! I myself can't wait to get Iced Earth back on the road, I think touring and seeing the fans is one of the most important things a band can do, we did tour America but had to postpone Europe (Europe, I love you and hope to see you real soon!) We will get it rolling as soon as we can!! As for my side project, finishing up some demo stuff... also thought maybe the fans can come up with a good idea to name it!! One already said maybe call it RIP, which is cool, what do you guys have?? I will talk at you soon!!"

[!--QuoteBegin-The Saint+Jan 22 2005, 09:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Saint @ Jan 22 2005, 09:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Bravewords adds this:

Former JUDAS PRIEST and current ICED EARTH vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens has launched his own website at www.TimRipperOwens.com.

On it, Owens has posted the following message: "What's up everybody? As you can see, we are trying to get this thing up and running, and hopefully it will be complete real soon! As for Iced Earth, Jon's back is getting better, but it still isn't 100%! I myself can't wait to get Iced Earth back on the road, I think touring and seeing the fans is one of the most important things a band can do, we did tour America but had to postpone Europe (Europe, I love you and hope to see you real soon!) We will get it rolling as soon as we can!! As for my side project, finishing up some demo stuff... also thought maybe the fans can come up with a good idea to name it!! One already said maybe call it RIP, which is cool, what do you guys have?? I will talk at you soon!!"
[snapback]96563[/snapback]​
[/quote]Owens never really struck me as the eccentric type. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back