ICED EARTH SURVIVOR 2018: Results -> A Question Of Heaven wins!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 9:
Retribution Through The Ages - 8 votes
Order Of The Rose - 7 votes
The Domino Decree - 7 votes
The Awakening - 7 votes
Motivation Of Man - 6 votes
Infiltrate & Assimilate - 6 votes
When Stars Collide (Born Is He) - 6 votes

Voted for Great Heathen Army, Raven Wing, V, Something Wicked Part 1, Ten Thousand Strong and The Clouding.

It was really tough to pick 3 of my favorites for promotion from Framing Armageddon (apart from Something Wicked Part 1, which is much weaker than the other remaining songs). Those last 5 songs aren't über-awesome, but they are very similar in quality and I would be fine with any of them getting promoted.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 10:
Something Wicked, Part 1 - 9 votes
Framing Armageddon - 6 votes
Raven Wing - 5 votes
A Charge To Keep - 5 votes

Promoted after Round 10:
Setian Massacre
Ten Thousand Strong
The Clouding

The Glorious Burden joins the game!

P.S. Three songs will be promoted from the main album + one Gettysburg (1863) song.

Bonus song info:

Not in the game:

P.S. Three songs will be promoted from the main album + one Gettysburg (1863) song.
This small P.S. may have some big implications, if I understand this correctly. Do you mean that it's not possible to promote more than 1 Gettysburg part? Gettysburg is not a separate release. Gettysburg is on the (main) album. If you want to talk about main, Gettysburg is more main than anything else. It's not bonus material or anything like that. It's on all releases from The Glorious Burden.

It's only on disc 2 on a limited digipack edition, because it is meant to be the final of the album. It's also at the end on all other (way more frequent) versions of the album.

Last edited:
  1. Black Flag
  2. Anthem
  3. Dark City
  4. The Star-Spangled Banner
  5. When The Eagle Cries
  6. Attila
  7. Red Baron/Blue Max
  8. Waterloo
  9. Greenface

This small P.S. may have some big implications, if I understand this correctly. Do you mean that it's not possible to promote more than 1 Gettysburg part? Gettysburg is not a separate release. Gettysburg is on the (main) album. If you want to talk about main, Gettysburg is more main than anything else. It's not bonus material or anything like that. It's on all releases from The Glorious Burden.

It's only on disc 2 on a limited digipack edition, because it is meant to be the final of the album. It's also at the end on all other (way more frequent) versions of the album.
This way other songs from the album are given a chance to go further rather than getting annihilated by the trilogy. Besides, all 3 Gettysburg songs might survive till the end of the album rounds, it doesn't necessarily have to be just one song. I did it this way in the last Survivor, and also for other two IE trilogies.

Serious question: Can we please promote 1 main album song and all of Gettysburg instead? That trilogy might actually be Jon’s greatest achievement in songwriting. Declaration Day is the only song from the main that’s actually great. Props to Red Baron for being absurd and having some cool riffing, but it’s expendable.

Literally everything else from this album is garbage.

While I do find Declaration Day and Gettysburg the greatest stuff on the album, I disagree with the rest being garbage. Hollow Man, Valley Forge and The Reckoning are decent.

If Gettysburg was seen as one song, it would beat everything else from the whole discography. It would beat every Matt Barlow era song.

Last edited:
Back