ICED EARTH SURVIVOR 2018: Results -> A Question Of Heaven wins!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Credits:
Jon Schaffer - rhythm guitar, bass & vocals - 8th album with the band
Tim "Ripper" Owens - vocals - 2nd album with the band
Brent Smedley - drums - 1st album with the band
Troy Seele - lead guitar - 1st album with the band
Would've been better with Barlow though.
The version with Barlow is much better so I'm listening to it instead...
The version with Barlow is incredible.
I do feel like Barlow would sing it way better though.
Way better with Barlow.
This one would've kicked ass with Barlow, otherwise it's just OK.
For once I might say Barlow wouldn't do this one as good as Ripper.

::)

I don't quite remember, but probably not. I've only cried like once since 2010 and it wasn't because Barlow left. However, I put it beneath my nick as a tribute to you.

1. Framing Armageddon: Best song on the album. Ripper might be at his best on this song. Ridiculously catchy lyrics, including the verses and the VIOLATE chorus. For once I might say Barlow wouldn't do this one as good as Ripper.
  2. When Stars Collide (Born Is He): Another uber catchy song, except it's kinda repetitive and feels like an outro. Still one of the better songs on the album though.
:cheers:

NP isn’t wrong.

These songs were clearly written for Ripper, but they were written poorly. The best songs (the ones re-recorded with Barlow) are the ones done in a more classic IE style.

Jon Schaffer may be one of the tighest rhythm players in all of heavy metal, but he certainly does not have songwriting range.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 8:
Cataclysm - 10 votes
Invasion - 9 votes
Overture - 8 votes
Reflections - 8 votes
Execution - 8 votes
Something Wicked, Part 2 - 8 votes

Raven Wing, Ghost Dance
Anthem
Something Wicked Part 1, Motivation, Order, Infiltrate, Retribution, Domino, Framing, Awakening

Voted for Great Heathen Army, Raven Wing, V, Something Wicked, Part 1, Motivation Of Man, Order Of The Rose, Infiltrate & Assimilate, Retribution Through The Ages, The Domino Decree, When Stars Collide (Born Is He) and The Awakening.

Gonna try and get to this eventually but it'll be hard to find the time. I might have to listen in chunks. I just voted for interludes and intro tracks last round without listening to the album.

Back