I wonder what the boys think of their work being leaked......

adrian fn rules

Chili-head
......of course, I'm sure that the majority of us who have downloaded the leak ( because we are impatient and could'nt wait! ) will buy the CD next week anyway.....but do you think Maiden realize this also?  Do you think they might be angry at all?  Methinks that they are pretty laid back about it, and realize that the money is gonna come in anyway with the tour next spring/summer

Meh, they all new it was going to happen. They probably don't care . . . they have merchandise and tickets to worry about these days. It's EMI who's hating life right now.

Moz is right, I don't think a band as huge as Maiden is too surprised that the record leaked. They kept a damn tight grip on it though! That's for sure!

Just to feed the conspiracy... Maybe they leaked it!!!  :eek:

Well fuck it I didnt get it. I'm pleasure delaying for the actual CD. :D Roll on Friday!!! WOO!!! YAY For Ireland's lack of sale dates!  :yey:

In the end, I'm sure the band just wants folks to dig their songs.

It's the record company that probably has issues with the leak.

I would think that the guys aren't too upset.  The album is obviously complete at this point and all they are waiting for is the arbitrary release date.  I didn't download it, because I want to have the satisfaction of unwrapping the plastic, putting the cd in the stereo and then that second it takes for the album to actually start.  You don't get that kind of thrill with mp3s.

infinitedreams7thson said:
I would think that the guys aren't too upset.  The album is obviously complete at this point and all they are waiting for is the arbitrary release date.  I didn't download it, because I want to have the satisfaction of unwrapping the plastic, putting the cd in the stereo and then that second it takes for the album to actually start.  You don't get that kind of thrill with mp3s.

Delayed Gratification FTW! I mean, we've all waited 4 years for a new album, I mean surely we can wait another few extra days?

i doubt they care about. Even Lars doesn't care anymore. He said that when Death Magnetic leaked he downloaded it.

Hmmm, I can't imagine they're as relaxed as some of us would like to think. Bruce in MSG "don't go fucking downloading it". I'm not against Downloading music but this will hurt sales and it's naive to think it won't. I can't imagine they're annoyed because of the financial ramifications but I think they had a real shot of number 1 in all the major territories, this just will not happen now :(

A little off topic.. but pertaining to the leak..

Is there (will there be) a noticeanble difference in the sound quality of this leak as compared to the CD istself.. Im sure this has been asked before, but I dont have time to surf all past topics/pages for info.. I also know that there are a host of variables that need to be known to give a concise answer..

That said, what are the determining factors of leak sound quality (as it pertains to TFF leak) and can a general concluion be drawn to said sound quality..

Thanks in advance to anyone taking time to respond to this.. CHEERS.

snake plissken said:
Hmmm, I can't imagine they're as relaxed as some of us would like to think. Bruce in MSG "don't go fucking downloading it". I'm not against Downloading music but this will hurt sales and it's naive to think it won't. I can't imagine they're annoyed because of the financial ramifications but I think they had a real shot of number 1 in all the major territories, this just will not happen now :(

You do realize the album jumped up four spots on Amazon after the leak, right?

Yeah, I could imagine that someone leaked the album just to pump sales. But, having said that, we were going into the last week of a wait, so it was guaranteed to jump anyway.

I imagine the band is ambivalent over the leak. In fact, I would be surprised if they even know, given that they're a busy bunch of blokes who aren't known for hopping on the internet.

LordMaiden said:
You do realize the album jumped up four spots on Amazon after the leak, right?

Actually no, I did not know that. However, I suspect that's down to it getting closer to the release date though rather than it being available for free.

snake plissken said:
I think they had a real shot of number 1 in all the major territories, this just will not happen now :(

Sorry but that's BS. AC/DC's last album was leaked and still hit #1 in a shitload of countries. Also, almost every album leaks these days, so every other album TFF is competing with on those charts has the same setbacks.

I find that most downloaders (like me) are either

a:)  not going to buy the album anyway, in which case a sale isn't lost

or

b:)  download it out of anticipation of being able to buy it

Therefore, I don't think Maiden are going to lose sales over an album leak, I think they know that, and I don't think they care.  Can they even count their money at this point anyway?  They have a fucking plane!

Back