How bad is the wait for you for The Book Of Souls

How bad is the wait for you?

• Total voters
At the moment, I'm currently a two as the release is too far away to get too excited about.

But no doubt, when the Speed of Light single is released it will jump up to a four. Then come late August it will most likely jump up to a five.

:)

I feel like this will be their last album. The fact that it is already recorded, gives me a sense of peace. I'm no longer worried about the band being unable to get back into the studio for whatever personal/health reasons. We had a close call on timing with Bruce. But, thankfully the album was recorded, and he is recovering.

Since I feel this is the last album and because it is already recorded, I am more than content to anxiously wait. Hell, I think it would be fun to wait a whole year for this album to drop. We know enough about it to speculate and have fun guessing about different aspects of it, and because this might be the last time we do this, I really don't want this period to go by too quickly.

So, to answer your question, I voted 4. The wait is killing me, but I wouldn't have it any other way.. well except maybe to make the wait a little longer.

I know that probably sounds weird. But I'm sure some of you see where I am coming from. And hey, hopefully I'm wrong, and this won't be their last album. I know many of you think they got another one in them.

^ I feel the same way. I'm extremely excited for this album but the waiting/speculation period is so much fun. And the as more information begins to get out the excitement level rises. While I'm not totally convinced itll be their last, I do understand that it's a very real possibility, which makes me want to really savor this waiting period.

I've got so many new albums to listen to this year that I can't complain about the wait. It'll make the end result that much sweeter.

That too! 2015 has been an amazing year for music so far. I remember in 2010 Maiden was pretty much it. Granted I wasn't listening to a big variety of stuff back then, but still Maiden has some actual competition this year.

I don't think it will be the last. I don't think Maiden wants to go out with the cancer-delayed album being their swan song. I believe the upcoming tour will fire them up, and the next album will actually happen as quickly as Bruce's aviation business allows.

As for the poll, I'm a 2. I've been going around this block since Somewhere in Time in 1986. I can handle the wait.

To be honest, the last time I was really all "OMG I can't wait" was waiting for Brave New World.

A 2 for me. I don't want this summer to end too soon, so I can wait. (It will be over in no time anyway.) And, I got so many good albums this year it's ridiculous - all of my favourite bands have released new records in the last couple of months.

I believe the upcoming tour will fire them up, and the next album will actually happen as quickly as Bruce's aviation business allows.
I agree. Assuming they do another album, I expect a much shorter wait. Under 4 years maybe.

I can wait! The waiting just makes it sweeter to finally hear it, and I won't listen to any leaks since I haven't on any other release. But it will make this place a bit of a minefield to hang around in the period between the first leak and the related so I might just avoid this place in that period, well see.

If they do another album I hope it's under four years away. If not, that puts Nicko at 67. I can't imagine trying to play Dream of Mirrors at 67. :help2:

If they do another album I hope it's under four years away. If not, that puts Nicko at 67. I can't imagine trying to play Dream of Mirrors at 67. :help2:

A new album will probably not include a re-recording of Dream of Mirrors :p

As for the question - it's a 2. I have never really been the guy who is over-excited for weeks prior to new albums. But I'm really looking forward to it, of course I am.

I am off the scale as far as excitement goes but can wait until the release date. The speculation and anticipation is a blast + there are new releases from Ahab, Be'lakor, Ghost and Lamb of God to cram in and enjoy before 4 September. After 4 September The Book Of Souls will be my sole musical choice until the end of the year so between now and then I'll explore other new releases and look for Maiden updates on the hour.

I'd say the wait isn't too bad, I was more excited when TFF was announced as that was the first new album that I was a real fan for. Not to mention I enjoy a wider variety of music these days so I've been enjoying more new releases this year relative to 2010.

Other. I'll get a temporary Maiden fix when I see Steve in less than a month's time. :)

I selected other because none of them really applied to me.
I'm still slowly working my way through the discography for the first time at a pace of an album every half month. I'll be getting to TFF on 9/1/15. I clearly have enough to hold me over until 9/16 when I'll finally dive into the entire album of tBoS.
Why am I going through it that slowly? A combination of not spending $150 at once on just iron maiden music and also making sure to take the time to full digest each album before moving on.
I will, however, still listen to all officially released singles, samples, etc that they put out. If they have the full album available for streaming, then I'll probably go ahead and listen to it. I'm already so bored with Virtual XII that I've started to listen to the "singles" released for all the reunion albums. I clearly can't wait to get into those albums. So much self-control I have.
The Wicker Man and Out of the Silent Planet are excellent and make me want to listen to Brave New World now. When I heard Wildest Dreams and Rainmaker, I was reminded that I already knew these songs from back in 2003 when I was in high school. I used to watch headbangers ball on mtv2 and I remember an episode where IM was a guest and they also played the wildest dreams video every single episode it seemed. Needless to say, I immediately remembered the chorus and was able to instantly sing along.
I even think I had a wildest dreams instrumental ring tone on my flip cell phone at the time. Why didn't I keep up with Maiden back then?!

4. It's the only album I care about that's coming out. I do have a 3-concert RUSH road trip starting in 2 weeks in between to tied me over!! Then a week after it's the week of the single!!! It would be 5 otherwise!!!

I voted a 3, I can wait but It would be cool to hear it now. I have a lot to do to keep me occupied from now until then. This may be considered blasphemous, but I'm actually more excited for the NFL season to start.

Back