how and when did you discover maiden?

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
just out of interest...

how and when did everyone hear maiden for the first time (that they can remember).

i heard them to start with on Carmageddon 2 (computer game)

the tracklisting on the music on it was

Aces High
Man on the Edge
Be Quick or Be Dead
The Trooper

i remember getting an adrenaline rush every time i played it.. so i went out and bought Number and No Prayer [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I first heard 2 Minutes To Midnight on Grand Theft Auto Vice City and I LOVED it. in early December I got Kazaa, and the first thing I downloaded was 2 Minutes To Midnight. Wanting to hear more, I downloaded Aces High, Stranger In A Strange Land, and something else (I forget which one). About a week later, I saw a commercial for Edward The Great. I picked it up right away, and I've been hooked ever since. I've since then bought all of Maiden's albums (well, except Ed Hunter). [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Up the Fucking Irons!!

In freshman year, i just listened to my friends discman for the heck of it. The first song I heard was Fear of the Dark. Maiden fan for 4 years now.

Run To The Hills video on MTV back in '82. Found out a few weeks later my neighbor had the Number of the Beast album, and he played it for me. I had to listen to friends records for a few years because I didn't have the money to buy the albums myself. First album I actually bought was Live After Death a few years later, but I got all the records as quick as I could.

I've hearded Fear of the dark in a friends house... I got the album, started to like it... and then when I got The number and piece of mind I became a fan as I'm now!

In 1995 or 96, my uncle turned on Maiden in a family gathering. I didn't know it was maiden.A decade later i bought Ed the gr8 and recognised Trooper 2 mins and Flight of Icarus.Its in the blood!!!

[!--QuoteBegin-SirLardsAlot+Feb 25 2004, 02:45 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SirLardsAlot @ Feb 25 2004, 02:45 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I first heard 2 Minutes To Midnight on Grand Theft Auto Vice City and I LOVED it.  in early December I got Kazaa, and the first thing I downloaded was 2 Minutes To Midnight.  Wanting to hear more, I downloaded Aces High, Stranger In A Strange Land, and something else (I forget which one).  About a week later, I saw a commercial for Edward The Great.  I picked it up right away, and I've been hooked ever since.  I've since then bought all of Maiden's albums (well, except Ed Hunter).  [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Up the Fucking Irons!! [/quote]
ITS ON VICE CITY? i have that game and its never been on when i have played it!!! ahh its probably just me! i need to check taht out!

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Feb 25 2004, 03:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Feb 25 2004, 03:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] ITS ON VICE CITY? i have that game and its never been on when i have played it!!! ahh its probably just me! i need to check taht out! [/quote]
its in vrock.2 songs after ozzy's Bark at the moon

My brother was an obsessive fan since the early eighties. The first song I can remember hearing was Murders in the Rue Morgue, but the album that really got me into Maiden was Brave New World. Maiden for 2 years and still going strong!

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My pal the Iron Duke got me into Maiden. Played a few songs for me in the car one day...I remember The Clansman and Alexander the Great standing out. I picked up Best of the Beast and Powerslave next time I was at the CD store as an impulse buy...and I was hooked!

Probably late 84 heard Rime of the Ancient Mariner loved it straight away then brought the previous since then really havnt looked back..

And it was actually Adrian Smith that made me start playing Guitar after hearing Live After Death and then watching the Video

a couple of months before BNW i heard The Prisoner at my friends house and i became addicted, i was 11yeards back then [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

15 years ago I got a MC from my former brother in law. (former: because my sister got divorced from that [!--emo&:eww:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ed_barf[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ed_barf[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] -> [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Anyway he gave me that MC with his "Heavy Metal" Best of's.
There were a bunch of others beside Maiden's "Number of the beast".

But that song was one of my favorourites.
Then I had a friend at school who taped me all the vinyls he owned.
I still have those copies, they are the basement of my collection [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Like the "that's how it started" thing, some others of you might have!

Wel, that's it - kind a sticky thing - that Maiden-thing [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

cradle of filth did a cover of hallowed on a metal magazine cover cd about 6 yrs ago. I liked it, so my dad thought, sod this for a game of soldiers, and bought LAD for me...since then, I have become obsessed........very obsessed.

Taffy

Well, my brother's friend is a Cradle of Filth fan, and although I don't like their cover very much, it was the first thing relative to Iron Maiden that I heard. I liked the song, the melody, all that. It got stuck in my head all week, and eventually I went out to buy the CD. Well, none of the Maiden CD's Best Buy carried had HBTN. So I ended up getting the Tribute album, which had the cover on it. One day while in the mall, I discovered the Visions of the Beast DVD, which had it live, and thought I'd see how Iron Maiden really did it. So I bought the DVD, listened to it, and ended up getting the NoTB album for the true studio original version. Listened to that, fell in love, and found this board.

I heard a few of their songs in our pub; Run to the hills, Fear of the dark, can I play with madness. A friend recommended them to me with the fear of the dark cover, I thought it might be a good fantasy band downloaded a few songs recognized them from the pub and bought Fear of the dark.

my brother was(and is?) a HUGE fan of iron maiden.
me and a friend used to sit in his room and watch iron maiden
concerts, and listening to his albums.
I was about.. 8-9 years old?
It was so cooool!
Iron Maiden got to be a huge part of my life, thanks to my brother!
thanks brother [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I first heard Iron Maiden about ten years ago when my step dad showed me Powerslave and Number of the Beast.... the first song i heard was Invaders

and they have been my second fave since then (Cannibal Corpse is my first)

It was a cold winter night, it was silent but the moon was bright. I had to break out of my cell, I had had it! I wasn't a number! I was a free man! so I opened the cell door and walked out. It didn't take the guards time to realize that I had escaped but I was running free man! I got sanctuary from the law in an old church. The priest came out of his chambers when he heard me come in, he told me I had the number of the beast and that before I knew my punishment it would be too late! I disregarded his haggard wisdom after all they were bitter words of hate. I left the church and turned on 22 Acacia Avenue and saw a hooker the other's called Charlot getting friendly with some mummy-like dude. I passed a record store and on the window was a huge poster of Powrslave... Power slave, I was a slave to the power of Death! I felt understood, I belonged, so I went in and their were maiden cds everywhere! I was in heaven! actually no, i was in my bed and I woke up soon after that.
Actually I friend lent me his discman with Killers on it, I didn't make much of it, later that same friend showed me Brave New World, again I was like...eh. Until a year later I bought Brave New World because I heard my friends voice "The Best Metal in years" So I picked it up and BAM, it hit me, hard. that was 4 years ago...and still counting

Back