History part 2 tour

What would you like to hear on the next history tour??? (Powerslave, SIT, SSOASS, NPFTD)

This would be the setlist to TURN ME ON

Aces high
2 minutes to midnight
Bring your daughter to the slaughter
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Flash of the blade
Caught somewhere in time
Moonchild
Infinite dreams
Can i play with madness
Alexander the great
Powerslave
Seventh son of a seventh son
The prophecy
The clairvoyant
No prayer for the dying

ENCORE

Heaven can wait
The evil that men do
Wasted years

Not necessarily in that order but certainly starting with Aces high and ending with "The evil that men do" and "Wasted years"
The setlist is a bit LONG but that is what i would like to hear!!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I CAN'T WAIT, BRUCE YOU PROMISED US ALEXANDER AND ALL MAIDENITES AND ESPECIALLY GREEKS ARE WAITING

Also the stage should be "half-seventh son and half-Somewhere in time" proped!!!
And also have a collapsing roof like in their World slavery tour

Edit: MORE WORDS [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm not sure that they'd include ROTAM and Alexander The Great in the same set list - although they should, in my opinion, as they are two of my all time Maiden favourites.

Also, would this be the first instance in which the song Iron Maiden wasn't played at a Maiden gig? Maybe they'd include it as part of the encore.

I am pretty sure we will find hints to the setlist on the corresponding DVD, as we did for the "Early Days" one.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Aces high
2 minutes to midnight
Bring your daughter to the slaughter
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Flash of the blade
Caught somewhere in time
Moonchild
Infinite dreams
Can i play with madness
Alexander the great
Powerslave
Seventh son of a seventh son
The prophecy
The clairvoyant
No prayer for the dying
ENCORE
Heaven can wait
The evil that men do
Wasted years
[/quote]

hehehe you placed 7 0f the 8 songs of SSOSS.... That is imposible to happen (I think).... hehhe this means I do not have to be realistic in my stelis [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--].. so here it goes:

Aces high
Can I play with madness
2 minutes to midnight
Wasted years
THE CLAIRVOYANT!!!
Seventh son of a Seventh son
The evil that men do
Rime of the ancient Mariner
Powerslave
INFINITE DREAMS!!
Tailgunner
Holy Smoke
Bring your daughter...
The Loneliness...
Heaven can wait
Caught somewhere in time
Moonchild
The Prophecy
only the good die young (hehe this completes all of SSOSS album [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

By the way... can someone tell me (about) when will the second DVD be released and when will the tour be?

The tour for the new album will be late 2006/early 2007, so history part 2 tour will most likely come in 2008 I think... But I don't know anything for sure...

as for the release of the DVD I have not got a clue [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Sep 18 2005, 06:43 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Sep 18 2005, 06:43 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also, would this be the first instance in which the song Iron Maiden wasn't played at a Maiden gig?
[snapback]118691[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Not only will they play Iron Maiden, but they'll also bring out the other usual suspects: Trooper, Hallowed, # of Beast, RTTH, maybe Wrathchild, probably Sanctuary too. Remember that Live After Death will almost certainly be part of the next History DVD, and they'll use that to justify playing the same old songs yet again.

Maybe they can do a set without the old ones. No one knows [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'd love to see it. But I think SMX is right. The next history section will include Powerslave, Live After Death, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son.

Thus said:

Churchill's Speech
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Wrathchild
Stranger in a Strange Land
The Clairvoyant
The Evil That Men Do
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Only The Good Die Young
Iron Maiden

Moonchild
Powerslave
Alexander the Great

What's the whole point of it being the second part in their history tours if they play the same bloody songs as they did on their first history tour??? If they do this I will be really pissed off...
Besides, they didn't play "Fear of the dark" on the Early days tour!!!

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Sep 18 2005, 06:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Sep 18 2005, 06:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'd love to see it.  But I think SMX is right.  The next history section will include Powerslave, Live After Death, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son.

Thus said:

Churchill's Speech
Aces High
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Wrathchild
The Clairvoyant
The Evil That Men Do
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Only The Good Die Young
Iron Maiden

Moonchild
Powerslave
Alexander the Great
[snapback]118712[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well, that would make me perfectly happy.

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Sep 19 2005, 05:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Sep 19 2005, 05:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Maybe because it's not a part of the early days... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]118756[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's what i'm saying. They only played songs from the first four albums. They should stick to the four albums they are suppossed to be playing from on the second part TOO

(Of course Iron maiden, Hallowed be thy name and Sanctuary where on the first albums so NO ONE knows if they would have played them whether they were on there or not!!!)

I rest my case.

Let me make a question first: Are they really going to tour again, I mean, in the "not so early but not so late days" tour ???

New album late 2006
Tour of the new album early 2007

But I am almost sure I heard a few months ago that this second part would be out until the end of this year (so they can keep us busy while writing the new album).

Anyway, wouldn't be another tour by 2008 or (early, can't say) a little too much ? And sicne the band has decided to not play in small gigs anymore…

Ah, maybe I'm just bothering you with no reasons…

Anyways, if there is a set list, I believe it will run around the songs on the DVD (which I believe will go from Powerslave to Seventh Son). But today I am in a clairvoyant mood so I'll say to you EXACTLY WHAT SONGS WILL BE PLAYED… (just for you information I haven't drink nothing yet… [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

Churchill's Speech
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Can I Play With Madness
Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
Heaven Can Wait
Wasted Years
Rime of The Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Iron Maiden

ENCORE
Alexander The Great
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Number of The Beast

Looking back to Live After Death, Rime of The Ancient Mariner WAS A REAL IMPORTANT part of those gigs. So I'm pretty sure they will play it (not playing it would be the same of not playing Phantom of The Opera in the previous tour). That makes too long to play with Alexander The Great, so I believe that, yet again, Alexander will not be played. Or at least will be played only in Greece………. But hope it’s the last thing to die… so he we are…

Also, it was on the Powerslave tour that the band litterally ENSLAVED the World including a beloved country called BRAZIL where this humble member of this great bb lives… so I am very confident they will play here, at least in Rio (which is really far from the city I'm in, but still closer than Europe or USA)

[!--QuoteBegin-MigDaimon+Sep 21 2005, 05:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MigDaimon @ Sep 21 2005, 05:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Let me make a question first: Are they really going to tour again, I mean, in the "not so early but not so late days" tour ???

New album late 2006
Tour of the new album early 2007

But I am almost sure I heard a few months ago that this second part would be out until the end of this year (so they can keep us busy while writing the new album).[/quote]

I doubt it will be out this year. I can imagine they will release it sometime after the next album or maybe even at the end of the next tour.

I'm not gonna write a full setlist, but here's the songs they will play dead cert in my opinion:

Aces High
Two Minutes To Midnight
Powerslave
Wasted Years
Heaven Can Wait
Can I Play With Madness
The Clairvoyant
The Evil That Men Do

Some songs I'm not so sure about (but would love to hear!) are Infinite Dreams, Stranger In A Strange Land and Rime. As for Alexander, I'm not sure if they will put it on their standard set or just play it in Greece... or play it at all at that tour! They could put it on the setlist for their next album tour... you never know.
I'm sure they will have one or two suprises for us in the setlist. Some nice things would be Caught Somewhere In Time or Flash Of The Blade.

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Sep 18 2005, 03:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Sep 18 2005, 03:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'm not sure that they'd include ROTAM and Alexander The Great in the same set list - although they should, in my opinion, as they are two of my all time Maiden favourites.

Also, would this be the first instance in which the song Iron Maiden wasn't played at a Maiden gig? Maybe they'd include it as part of the encore.
[snapback]118691[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm stupid i didn't realise this before but WHY shouldn't they play those two long songs???
After all they did play "Blood brothers", "Sign of the cross", "Dream of mirrors" and "The clansman" in the same set, remeber??? (RIR for those who don't [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )
I rest my case....again!!!

I'd be happy if they played:

Alexander the Great
Hallowed be thy Name
Caught Somewhere in Time
Sea of Madness
Aces High
Seventh Son of a Senenth Son

By the way I guess the 'Golden Years' tour will take place in Summer '06(festivals) followed by the new studio album in the fall including the album tour(indoor venues) that will last until the end of that year.

I mean that'd be the very same way they acted in 2003 and it worked perfectly, didn't it?

[!--QuoteBegin-Cosmiceddie+Sep 24 2005, 11:00 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cosmiceddie @ Sep 24 2005, 11:00 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]By the way I guess the 'Golden Years' tour will take place in Summer '06(festivals) followed by the new studio album in the fall including the album tour(indoor venues) that will last until the end of that year.

I mean that'd be the very same way they acted in 2003 and it worked perfectly, didn't it?
[snapback]119221[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, but they didn't tour the year before. I very much doubt they would opt for two tours again next year, considering they already had one this year.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Sep 24 2005, 11:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Sep 24 2005, 11:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yeah, but they didn't tour the year before. I very much doubt they would opt for two tours again next year, considering they already had one this year.
[snapback]119227[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Mind that they don't have much time left as they're getting older... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I expect to see a tour every summer till they retire. Or something like, two summers on, one off. Probably do some short tours for future compilation albums such as Give Me Ed... and Ed Huntour.

[THOUGHT]
I [span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']HAVE[/span] to go to a gig in that tour... my absolut favorite songs will be played... I will do whatever I have to do to go at a gig here in south america... or anywhere... I have to find a way...
[/THOUGHT]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Mind that they don't have much time left as they're getting older... [/quote]

Yeah.. That's true... But they are not old at all... Well yes, but not as old as to get a heart attack at every gig....

But anyway.... I think (and hope) that after they finally retire they will come back for one or more gigantic tours (not necesrily of new material)...

They will get bored and miss everything and they will return... I think... And I hope.

Back