History of your favourite songs

Aces_High

Gathering speed as I head down the runway
Go back through time and try to recall all the favourite songs you've ever had. We'll see how our tastes have changed as we grew up.

2006: Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become

2007-2008: Metallica: Ecstasy of Gold

2009-2011: Foo Fighters - The Pretender

2012-2013: Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

2014: Avenged Sevenfold - Strenght of the World

2015-2016: Iron Maiden - Rime? The Book of Souls? Empire of the Clouds?

2009-2010: Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2010-2015: Starblind
2015-present: Hallowed Be Thy Name

The other bands I'm not sure about. I could name the songs that have been my #1 in case of a few bands*, but no clue about the years or the order.

Opeth: Bleak, Blackwater Park, Windowpane, Harlequin Forest, Deliverance, Face of Melinda, The Moor
Metallica: Blackened, Creeping Death, The Call of Ktulu, Fade to Black
Dream Theater: Metropolis Pt. 1, A Change of Seasons, Learning to Live, Scarred, Blind Faith, Take the Time
Megadeth: Holy Wars, Tornado of Souls, Countdown to Extinction, Take No Prisoners
Judas Priest: Painkiller, Beyond the Realms of Death
Bruce Dickinson: Book of Thel, Jerusalem
King Crimson: The Court of the Crimson King, Epitaph, Starless
Rush: Red Barchetta, YYZ, La Villa Strangiato
Pink Floyd: Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Time, Pigs (Three Different Ones)

There are bands that have had a steady #1 since the beginning of my liking for them, such as Black Sabbath with Heaven and Hell, Deep Purple with Child in Time, Rainbow with Stargazer.

Last edited:
My favorite song for a while was Black Sabbath's Iron Man. I didn't have fast internet at the time and YouTube didn't exist, so took a few more years until I found out it was actually a cover version:

Afterwards my favorite was Wasted Years, then Hallowed, which is still my favorite.

Back