Henry Rollins on Iron Maiden

So, can you explain me what's this about ? is he making fun in a bad sense or paying a tribute ? didn't get it, really.  :(

I think he's a fan. I'm not really sure, but I think his band opened for Maiden and got bashed by the audience, so he's angry because of that.

A classic. I'm in stitches every time I hear the aeroplanes part. :D

I heard another take on the same routine from him, but I think older (Freaky sent it to me years ago). The (older?) one I heard, he was bashing the band more - his Bruce impression was much harsher.

This is good, though. Some of the openers do get treated rough if they're not well known. First time I saw Maiden, the opener was Vinnie Vincent and jeebus on a cinnamon roll did he ever suck. Even Lauren Harris didn't get a good reception; in fact, she was mostly ignored. At least she wasn't booed, but I think people knew her dad was backstage. :innocent:

Can't watch the video right now, but I'm pretty sure he is a fan.

I know he has stated that Black Sabbath is his all time favorite band, so it is likely he digs Maiden as well. Or maybe he took Sharon's side and hates Bruce/Maiden and want to throw eggs at them.

I love it when Maiden fans see this and get all riled up without realizing that honestly most of what he's saying is totally true.  Pretty funny clip.

sort of makes me feel bad for sweet savage last year having to fill dios boots with a drummer that 'hadnt played live before'  :lol:
still had to refrain from looking at comments and getting in a youtube comment battle (confused tourist style  :D)

When I was on this board for the first time, someone sent me a shitty mp3 of this. I didn't get it at first. I listened to it again a few years later, and I was like, "Yep, poor Henry Rollins."

As an aside, he's also a pretty good actor. I thought his guest spot in Sons of Anarchy was incredible.

Rollins being Bruce talking about Flight Of Icarus : "ello, i think im just gonna go fly about."  :lol: haha this video always brings tears to my eyes!

Back