20. Eagle Fly Free
  21. Future World
  22. -Encore-
  23. Starlight
  24. If I Could Fly
  25. Keeper Of The Seven Keys
  26. I Want Out
  27. How Many Tears
Kiske songs are in blue, Kai's in red, Deris in black.
I focused on songs from first 3 albums, because frankly, Deris has been in the band for 25 years or so, everyone's going to see this tour because of Kiske and Kai anyway :p They said they'll play for 3 hours and this setlist is only about 2 and a half hours long, so they have plenty of time for the stupid singalongs they love to do, and maybe solos and shit. I also only included Dr. Stein and Future World because they'll play them 100% :facepalm:

No way they would play "Someone's Crying" or "The Dark Ride": they are Grapow songs. ;) Personally, I'm wondering about whether they should open with "I'm Alive" or "Halloween" (please no more "Eagle Fly Free" as opener). I hope they will play "Power" (though I'm curious about how Kiske would manage it) and my favorite underdog "Rise and Fall", which I think would fit Deris.

Last edited:
Halloween is the perfect opener IMO. And I agree about the Grapow songs, but I said this setlist is what I would like to see, not what I think it'll happen :p I just hope they don't waste time on songs from last two albums or dumb songs like Are You Metal.

I'd be pretty pissed off if they play 'Asshole' and 'Just a Little Sign'. :puke:
No chance, I think, they are much too "minor" in their repertoire and they have not been played after the tour corresponding to the album they were promoting at the time. "Just A Little Sign" was a single though, but they didn't play it when I saw them touring for RDCE (London, The Mean Fiddler, December 2003).

Nice idea. I'd like the following impossible unrealistic setlist. It's not yet in playing order, might give that a go later. This is just chronological order.

NOTE 1: you guys might see some unknown tracks that need some addressing: Helloween made silly ones but they also did a few of the most awesome b-sides ever (italic songs). Check them out or rediscover them if you can! Some great ones were written by Grosskopf. A shame that his work was not treated equally when selecting for albums in those days.
NOTE 2: I have seen quite a lot of 1996-2000 songs so I'll just mention a "few" Deris songs I'd love to see this year. Only saw the ones with *.
NOTE 3: As you can see, I especially love most old Hansen songs, so rather any of these rare golden nuggets than e.g. Keeper (which I have seen in a medley with Deris).
NOTE 4: I have seen the songs marked with + but not with the original singer, and with # with the original singer.

Murderer
Warrior
Victim of Fate
Walls of Jericho / Ride the Sky # (probably with Gamma Ray in 2008, I can't find the setlist of this gig :/ )
Phantoms of Death
Metal Invaders
Judas

====
Initiation / I'm Alive
A Little Time
Twilight of the Gods
Halloween +
Save Us
March of Time +
I Want Out +
Run for Cover
The Chance +
You Run With the Pack
Giants
====

Sole Survivor *
Where the Rain Grows *
Still We Go
Steel Tormentor *
Walk Your Way
Falling Higher
Hey Lord!
A Handful of Pain
The Departed (Sun Is Going Down) *
Deliver Us from Temptation

Last edited:
Eh, I didn't wanna go too unrealistic by adding B-sides :p Deliver Us From Temptation is awesome and should've been a regular song though.

I also spread out the Kai songs and gave How Many Tears to Kiske because Kai doesn't even sing for Gamma Ray regularly anymore, so it's hard to expect too much from him vocally.

Eh, I didn't wanna go too unrealistic by adding B-sides :p
They did play "Living Ain't No Crime" live on the 1988-1989 tour though. ;)

My version of a "plausible" setlist for this tour:

Halloween
A Little Time
Power
March of Time
Pumpkins United
Eagle Fly Free
A Tale That Wasn't Right
Keeper of the Seven Keys
If I Could Fly ( the mandatory Deris hit... for the best or for the worst)
Victim of Fate
Ride The Sky
Dr Stein
I Want Out

Encores

I'm Alive
Future World
How Many Tears

I've read that the shows would be quite long but I imagine such a setlist would be interspersed with various solos and goofing around.

EDIT As I am editing this post, I've noticed that the tour has already started: check setlist.fm, it is more ambitious than I expected! :)

I got all of them right -including the opener- except for "Victim of Fate"and surprisingly "Pumpkins United"... but there is actually much more!

Last edited:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/helloween/2017/escena-monterrey-mexico-be3c13a.html

I don't like it that it's almost all Kiske+Deris duets, but based on this video, Kiske gets all the cool parts anyway :p

Also, they are just fucking with me with songs 6 to 8... FFS. I'll just go to the bathroom for that part. And also I hate medleys and there's 3 of them FFS.

Everything else though... Pretty much all the hits from Keeper albums. How Many Tears first time since 2008. Kids Of The Century first time since Kiske left. Perfect Gentleman for the first time since 2006. A Tale That Wasn't Right with Kiske. Why? for the first time since 1995! Both Keeper and Halloween in full (if we can trust setlist.fm, THEY BETTER NOT FUCKING CUT ANY OF THEM!

I must go see this.

Last edited:

Kiske recorded this song 30 years ago and he sang it pretty much perfectly now. Guy doesn't age.

Yeah, I would suggest not looking at them. When I saw an extended version of "Asshole" with singalongs in the setlist, I almost decided I won't be going...

:p

Nice idea. I'd like the following impossible unrealistic setlist. It's not yet in playing order, might give that a go later. This is just chronological order.

NOTE 1: you guys might see some unknown tracks that need some addressing: Helloween made silly ones but they also did a few of the most awesome b-sides ever (italic songs). Check them out or rediscover them if you can! Some great ones were written by Grosskopf. A shame that his work was not treated equally when selecting for albums in those days.
NOTE 2: I have seen quite a lot of 1996-2000 songs so I'll just mention a "few" Deris songs I'd love to see this year. Only saw the ones with *.
NOTE 3: As you can see, I especially love most old Hansen songs, so rather any of these rare golden nuggets than e.g. Keeper (which I have seen in a medley with Deris).
NOTE 4: I have seen the songs marked with + but not with the original singer, and with # with the original singer.

Murderer
Warrior
Victim of Fate
Walls of Jericho / Ride the Sky # (probably with Gamma Ray in 2008, I can't find the setlist of this gig :/ )
Phantoms of Death
Metal Invaders
Judas

====
Initiation / I'm Alive
A Little Time
Twilight of the Gods
Halloween +
Save Us
March of Time +
I Want Out +
Run for Cover
The Chance +
You Run With the Pack
Giants
====

Sole Survivor *
Where the Rain Grows *
Still We Go
Steel Tormentor *
Walk Your Way
Falling Higher
Hey Lord!
A Handful of Pain
The Departed (Sun Is Going Down) *
Deliver Us from Temptation

Phantoms of death is my #1 deep track i would like to see live. Not my favorite song by them, but it is a jam!

Ugh, don't remind me. I was so hyped for the live album with StormWarrior but they lost the tapes or something. That was their only purpose apart from copying Walls Of Jericho with every song/album.

Back