Harald Schimdt on metal

Raven

Ancient Mariner
I came across this video on YouTube the other day and wondered if anyone could translate the general gist of the interview for me.  I believe that some viewer wrote in (possibly to correct some comment Schimdt may have said earlier) about metal sounding the same, so Schmidt decides to get some 'examples' of the variety of metal.  Naturally, they play very short, poor quality, hardly exemplary sections of songs that 'represent' each genre...for example, Megadeth's 'Take No Prisoners' represents Speed Metal well, but the short clip of 'Single Part of Two' by Dark Tranquillity that is used to display 'Melodic Death Metal' is hardly exemplary of the genre's melody.  Can someone tell whether he was taking the piss, or being serious?

Taking the piss. Completely. Although I don't think he would have if Iron Maiden would have been a sample :p

Judging from that clip, I would say the presenter and the guy choosing the tracks are both taking the piss.

He's taking the piss, pretty much how you guessed. But don't worry, you're not missing anything; Harald Schmidt is not funny.

specially when he pisses, I mean takes a piss, I mean when he's getting peed on... ah dammit you people and your british expressions!

Back