Hallowed vs Holy Wars vs Master of Puppets vs Painkiller

Which one of these masterpieces is the best?

• Hallowed Be Thy Name (Beckett cover)

• Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

• Master of Puppets

• Painkiller

Results are only viewable after voting.

KidInTheDark666

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
I'm having a hard time deciding which of these songs I love the most. Which one is your personal favorite?

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
Tough choice. The only song that isn't a 10 for me here is "Hallowed", so that's out. "Holy Wars..." is great but not quite as strong as the other two. I give "Painkiller" the edge over MOP because of the absolute destruction that ensues. Everything from the drummer into the final drawn-out note is awesome.

Painkiller.

Edington

Last Son of The Miracle
While I love Hallowed it just misses out on my Top 10 Maiden songs, I've always thought MoP was a bit overrated and though I like Holy Wars a lot there's no way I'm picking Megadeth over the other three bands. I'm going with the song that absolutely epitomises heavy metal: Painkiller.

KidInTheDark666

I'm happy to see Painkiller getting love here. I thought it would be the clear loser. I would rank them like this:
1. Hallowed
2. Painkiller
3. Holy Wars
4. Master of Puppets.

John Silver

Electric Buddy
I wish you'd chosen Phantom of the Opera rather than Hallowed, luddy buddy. Most of these are so coated and bloated and severely overrated.

KidInTheDark666

I wish you'd chosen Phantom of the Opera rather than Hallowed, luddy buddy. Most of these are so coated and bloated and severely overrated.
Phantom would be a good contender as well, but I decided to take the most popular epics by each band. Which one is ur favorite of these 4?

Spambot

Ancient Mariner
tenor.gif

Zare

Uniformly distributed hostility
The thing is I don't think Hallowed is the best epic out of the 1980s. TTAL, Powerslave, Seventh Son, even Phantom and Rime give it a run for its money.