Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Sea of Madness
Correct! Your turn now.

clue#1: www.maidencroatia.
For some strange reason, as Iron Maiden released their recent remasters on cd. Somewhere In Time (reissued in 2019), the boxset version (that had patch and figurine) contained leafleft of the album cover art. The art was without Eddie and Boys or such, it was empty street view of the usual cover. Anyways, most interesting thing is that there this address www.maidencroatia. visible in the artwork in the picture. There's picture of that thing in internet, I have the boxset in my collections and it was strange to see this text there.

clue#2: This song has been played live in concert by Iron Maiden.
This was only played on the "Somewhere On Tour 1986-1987" and never after that. They played it 68 times (if setlists.fm is correct) the first one being in Hala Pionir, Belgrade Serbia on september 10, 1986 the opening night of the tour and the last one was at Capitol Centre, Landover, MD, USA on january 8, 1987. Not sure why it was dropped at that point (when it was kept on the setlist for European dates)..that was the 2nd show of the north American tour.
The lyrics are metaphorical, so there's atleast couple different ways to interpret them.
I find that the lyrics are ambiguous and left for some different ways to interpret them. I think we cannot state what this song is especially or only about..just read the lyrics and you will understand. Was the songs meaning ever mentioned by the band members themselves? Can't recall seeing it even mentioned much at all on the interviews from those days.
Similar named song (by another group for sure) was heard live at one of the most legendary festivals in 1969.
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young performed their song Sea Of Madness at Woodstock festival in 1969. The song is featured on the soundtrack.

Last edited:
Clue #1: Alice Herbert
Clue #2: Back and Forth
Clue #3: John Jack Ring

Incorrect guesses: Mother Russia/ To Tame A Land/ Caught Somewhere in Time/ The Talisman

Clue #1: Alice Herbert
Clue #2: Back and Forth
Clue #3: John Jack Ring
Clue #4 : this song has never been played live

Incorrect guesses: Mother Russia/ To Tame A Land/ Caught Somewhere in Time/ The Talisman

Quest for Fire

You win! :)

Clue #1: Alice Herbert < in Monty Python's Holy Grail!, the king of Swamp Castle calls his son Herbert "Alice" < "When the land was swamp and caves were home"
Clue #2: Back and Forth < In Blackadder's 1999 special Back & Forth, Blackadder and Baldrick travel back to the time of dinosaurs with a time machine < "In a time when dinosaurs walked the earth"
Clue #3: John Jack Ring < a literal translation of Jean-Jacques Annaud ("Anneau" means "ring"), the director of La Guerre Du Paix, entitled Quest for Fire in its English version, which inspired Steve Harris to write the song.
Clue #4 : this song has never been played live < self-explanatory

Clue #3: John Jack Ring < a literal translation of Jean-Jacques Annaud ("Anneau" means "ring"), the director of La Guerre Du Paix, entitled Quest for Fire in its English version, which inspired Steve Harris to write the song.
So I actually won by sheer luck - I thought you said "Jack Jack Ring" and I was like, oh huh, Jack-Jack in The Incredibles can turn into fire, lemme guess QFF. :p

Clue #1: And I never see the sudden curve until it's way too late!

Back