Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

The Ides of March
Correct!

Clue 1: George Clooney starred in The Ides Of March (2011) and Hail, Caesar! (2016)
(Julius Caesar was murdered on The Ides Of March in 44BC)

Clue 2: Steel Prophet opened their 2000 Messiah album with a song called The Ides Of March. Myles Kennedy just released a new song with the same title.

Clue 3: Steel Prophet covered Gangland and The Ides Of March/Purgatory medley.

Clue 4: Referring to the Samson song Thunderburst from their Head On album which was co-written by Thunderstick (who was shortly drumming for Maiden before Clive joined the band) but not recorded by Maiden yet. Steve got all writing credits for The Ides Of March on Killers though. Although not completely the same, both songs are much alike.

Your turn, @Diesel 11 !

Last edited:
Clue #1:
— P F T W D 2 S 4 T 3

Clue #2:
— K B H O L S 1 T 1 —

Clue #3:
— V H V H S 1 T 1 —

Incorrect: Losfer Words / Talisman / Huddersfield

Last edited:
Edited the above with a third clue, hopefully this one is more obvious and if not I can add another.

Ok, these are (probably?) the songs in the clues so far:

1. Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell, from the album "The Wall" side 4, track 3)
2. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God), from the album "Hounds Of Love" side 1, track 1)
3. Van Halen - Runnin' With The Devil, from the album "Van Halen", side 1, track 1)

Couple songs about running from Iron Maiden..not sure which to pick but I think give this one a go now:

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner

Ok, these are (probably?) the songs in the clues so far:

1. Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell, from the album "The Wall" side 4, track 3)
2. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God), from the album "Hounds Of Love" side 1, track 1)
3. Van Halen - Runnin' With The Devil, from the album "Van Halen", side 1, track 1)

Couple songs about running from Iron Maiden..not sure which to pick but I think give this one a go now:

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
NAILED IT! If this didn’t work I was gonna do “Run to the Hills” to make it easier, but you got it, excellent job!

I was thinking more of putting Running Free actually..lucky me then.
Hey, I changed my mind and can start the round. I try to be here atleast couple times a day.

Last edited:
Quest For Fire
Good guess, but not that one Im after.

clue#1: www.maidencroatia.
clue#2: This song has been played live in concert by Iron Maiden. The lyrics are metaphorical, so there's atleast couple different ways to interpret them. Similar named song (by another group for sure) was heard live at one of the most legendary festivals in 1969.

Incorrect guesses:: Stranger In A Strange Land, Alexander the Great, Quest For Fire

Back