Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #1: Planetary defenders of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, taking over the gods of the old age of hard rock and cranking things forward in the name of good music, to return years later and pay their dues upon the sacred altar.
Clue #2: He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
Clue #3: The kinda guy who put Trump in office, actually.
Clue #4: This is where a good knowledge of "The Apparition" lyrics will come in handy.
Clue #5: Candy bars.
Clue #6: No brave new world, no brave new world...
Clue #7: @Ariana .
Clue #8: Ho ho ho no, I said steamed hams!
Clue #9: Gather up your horses.
Clue #10: One of the recent posts of mine in the funny / random / weird pictures thread will point ya to the right direction.
Clue #11: Whatever demons torture me, I love them like a friend. Nothing lasts forever, but the certainty of change...

Wrong Guesses: I Can’t See My Feelings / Prowler / Losfer Words (Big ‘Orra) / Flight of Icarus / Phantom of the Opera / Judas Be My Guide / The Fallen Angel / Iron Maiden / Mother Russia / Can I Play With Madness / The Prisoner / Holy Smoke / Children of the Damned / Satellite 15... The Final Frontier / El Dorado / Sheriff of Huddersfield / The Wicker Man / The Clansman / Judas Be My Guide / Stranger In a Strange Land / Paschendale / Look for the Truth / The Unbeliever / Prowler / Powerslave / No More Lies / The Age of Innocence / Alexander the Great / Sanctuary / Man on the Edge / Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter / Journeyman / Sea of Madness / Lord of Light / The Great Unknown / 2 Minutes to Midnight

mmmmm although it's not featured in any Maiden official release.... space truckin' ?
Shit fire. That was my 2nd guess yesterday that I had to wait on another clue for but it took too long to come. Missed chiming back in by 8 minutes.

I picked up the Aurora Borealis on Clue #8 about 30 seconds after I threw a random guess out.

yeah I got some hints here and there:

#1 is self explanatory
#5 Mars, Milky Way
#8 "it's not fire... it's an aurora borealis!"
#9 Ponny Trekker
#11 InnerSPACE

... though I can't see where the part from "The Life Of Brian" fits.

mmmmm although it's not featured in any Maiden official release.... space truckin' ?
Ding! You got it!

Clue #1: Planetary defenders of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, taking over the gods of the old age of hard rock and cranking things forward in the name of good music, to return years later and pay their dues upon the sacred altar.
--Maiden led the NWOBHM charge in the '80s, taking their influences (like Deep Purple) and moving towards a more metallic sound with that. Years later, they paid their respects to the band in the form of their cover of "Space Truckin'".
Clue #2: He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
--The chorus keeps saying, "Come on!", which could be a calling for sex if you've got a dirty mind.
Clue #3: The kinda guy who put Trump in office, actually.
--Sneaky snub of truckers.
Clue #4: This is where a good knowledge of "The Apparition" lyrics will come in handy.
--Can the soul live on and travel through space and time?
Clue #5: Candy bars.
--Reference to both Mars and Milky Way candy bars, as the song mentions those two things in the lyrics.
Clue #6: No brave new world, no brave new world...
--"Stranger in a Strange Land" - DP had a song called "Perfect Strangers".
Clue #7: @Ariana .
--Ariana has a leopard as her avatar; Def Leppard had a truck on the cover of On Through The Night.
Clue #8: Ho ho ho no, I said steamed hams!
--Yeah, Aurora borealis.
Clue #9: Gather up your horses.
--Ponny Trekker in the lyrics.
Clue #10: One of the recent posts of mine in the funny / random / weird pictures thread will point ya to the right direction.
--Yep, you found the picture too.
Clue #11: Whatever demons torture me, I love them like a friend. Nothing lasts forever, but the certainty of change...
--Lyrics to Bruce's "Innerspace", which has the line: "And when the fireball's work is done..." This song has: "The fireball that we rode was moving..."

Good job!

Back