Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #1: one more cigarette
Clue #2: Schadenfreude
Clue #3: it's my life, it's now or never
Clue #4: it starts with arpeggios in clean sound with a little guitar melody on it... but it was not written by Dave Murray
Clue #5: Eurêka?
Clue #6: single only

Incorrect guesses: 1) Holy Smoke 2) Hallowed Be Thy Name 3) The Trooper 4) Chains of Misery 5) Hooks In You 6) Where Eagles Dare 7) Paschendale 8) Killers 9) If Eternity Should Fail 10) Prodigal Son 10) Wasted Years 11) Afraid to Shoot Strangers 12) Man On The Edge 13) Rime of the Anicent Mariner 14) Murders in the Rue Morgue 15) Black Bart Blues

Nein

Clue #4: it starts with arpeggios in clean sound with a little guitar melody on it... but it was not written by Dave Murray
Clue #7:
maxresdefault.jpg

Incorrect guesses: 1) Holy Smoke 2) Hallowed Be Thy Name 3) The Trooper 4) Chains of Misery 5) Hooks In You 6) Where Eagles Dare 7) Paschendale 8) Killers 9) If Eternity Should Fail 10) Prodigal Son 10) Wasted Years 11) Afraid to Shoot Strangers 12) Man On The Edge 13) Rime of the Anicent Mariner 14) Murders in the Rue Morgue 15) Black Bart Blues 16) Virus 17) Out of the Silent Planet 18) King of Twilight

The next clue a little in advance (off to work soon).

Clue #7:
maxresdefault.jpg

Clue #8: Sid Vicious

Incorrect guesses: 1) Holy Smoke 2) Hallowed Be Thy Name 3) The Trooper 4) Chains of Misery 5) Hooks In You 6) Where Eagles Dare 7) Paschendale 8) Killers 9) If Eternity Should Fail 10) Prodigal Son 10) Wasted Years 11) Afraid to Shoot Strangers 12) Man On The Edge 13) Rime of the Ancient Mariner 14) Murders in the Rue Morgue 15) Black Bart Blues 16) Virus 17) Out of the Silent Planet 18) King of Twilight 19) Losfer Words (Big'Orra) 20) Tears of a Clown

Last edited:
I thought it was Michael Fassbender at first :facepalm:

Now I know who it is... but have no idea what he has to do with any Maiden songs :confused:

I thought it was Michael Fassbender at first :facepalm:

Now I know who it is... but have no idea what he has to do with any Maiden songs :confused:
Clue #7 and Clue #8 are about different people - they are linked by the fact these interpreters both covered a famous song whose title hints at an Iron Maiden song... I've said too much already! ;) So @Edington, you can make your guess...

Then I'm going with I Live My Way...
Winner! :)

Clue #1: one more cigarette > "another coffin nail"
Clue #2: Schadenfreude > "Some people are only happy/ When they can watch you fail"
Clue #3: it's my life, it's now or never > from the Bon Jovi song "It's My Life", it echoes the lines "We've only got one lifetime /I'll make my life my own" + in said song, we can hear "Like Frankie [Sinatra] said, I did it my way"
Clue #4: it starts with arpeggios in clean sound with a little guitar melody on it... but it was not written by Dave Murray > it is a Harris/Bayley/gers song indeed.
Clue #5: Eurêka? > "I think I've found the answer"
Clue #6: single only > the song was only released on some version of the "Man On The Edge" single but is absent from "Best of the B-sides".
Clue #7:
maxresdefault.jpg

> this is Robbie Williams singing Sinatra's "My Way" at the Royal Albert Hall in the early 2000s
Clue #8: Sid Vicious > also responsible for a memorable cover of the classic:

Back