Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #17: It’s not a cover song.
Clue #21: This song was not written by Paul Di’Anno.
Clue #22: This song was not written by Blaze Bayley.
Clue #23: This song was not written by Nicko McBrain.
Clue #24: This song was not written by Janick Gers.
Clue #25: This song was not written by Adrian Smith.
Clue #26: This song was not written by Dave Murray.
Clue #27: This song was not written by Bruce Dickinson.
Clue #28: This song was not written by Steve Harris.

Incorrect Guesses:
Sanctuary
No More Lies
Since “Sanctuary” is the only non-cover song that’s not credited to at least one of the people in clues #21-28, and you’ve already said it’s not a song by that other Iron Maiden, and it’s not “No More Lies”, then either you’ve made a mistake or you need to clarify something about your clues (e.g. “Clues #21-28 only refer to solo songwriting credits”). Or I’m missing something screamingly obvious.

EDIT: It’s a cover, so it shouldn’t be the right answer, but I’ll say “Reach Out”.

Since “Sanctuary” is the only non-cover song that’s not credited to at least one of the people in clues #21-28, and you’ve already said it’s not a song by that other Iron Maiden, and it’s not “No More Lies”, then either you’ve made a mistake or you need to clarify something about your clues (e.g. “Clues #21-28 only refer to solo songwriting credits”). Or I’m missing something screamingly obvious.

EDIT: It’s a cover, so it shouldn’t be the right answer, but I’ll say “Reach Out”.
I’m genuinely surprised no one has gotten it this far it. I figured all my clues would point people in the right direction, with maybe just a little subterfuge to keep it fun. But man, y’all are just barking up the wrong trees. It’s not a cover and it doesn’t feature those members’ writing credits. The answer should be really clear then, I think?

It’s not a cover and it doesn’t feature those members’ writing credits. The answer should be really clear then, I think?
Yeah, “Sanctuary”, which you already said was wrong.

Now I think I know the actual answer you’re looking for, and if I’m right it’s really going to annoy people. But I have to wait for the next round to guess it.

Could the right answer be once again Listen With Nicko, since it's not a cover song, it's not a song at all, it wasn't written by anyone of the band members and because the clue "audience is listening" makes me think about an interview ? If I'm right, it could be the Part IV, because Nicko is talking about Belgian TV and Maiden Japan (the overseas) but also the Part V...

Last edited:
Clue #1: The Return…..
Clue #2: Somewhere in a history with Þ.
Clue #3: Please allow me to introduce myself,
Clue #4: “The Audience Is Listening”.
Clue #5: Slashing down all my foes to claim the throne.
Clue #6: Adieu, goodbye, auf wiedersehen; den letzten Weg musst du alleine gehen.
Clue #7: I know the king will come again.
Clue #8: Post-alchemical legends.
Clue #9: Yeah so my wife’s boyfriend is kind of a giga chad, bro, he’s soooo hot.
Clue #10: The Accolade.
Clue #11: He died as he lived, in the flash of the blade, in a corner forgotten by no one.
Clue #12: Singin’ to an ocean, I can hear the ocean’s roar.
Clue #13: A Frenchman, eh? Well it can’t be Hercule Poirot, he’s Belgian!
Clue #14: Now, Mel was here, but he’s gone now. He dead.
Clue #15: The Barber of Siberia meets James Bond.
Clue #16: These are not line by line clues.
Clue #17: It’s not a cover song.
Clue #18: I wonder what Ebert had to say about this one…
Clue #19: Good ol’ Maurice didn’t even get the job. Suck it, Steve Miller!
Clue #20: 1995 • 2001
Clue #21: This song was not written by Paul Di’Anno.
Clue #22: This song was not written by Blaze Bayley.
Clue #23: This song was not written by Nicko McBrain.
Clue #24: This song was not written by Janick Gers.
Clue #25: This song was not written by Adrian Smith.
Clue #26: This song was not written by Dave Murray.
Clue #27: This song was not written by Bruce Dickinson.
Clue #28: This song was not written by Steve Harris.
Clue #29: AllMusic thinks the album this song is on has too much double bass.

Incorrect Guesses:
God of Darkness
Phantom of the Opera
Strange World
Sanctuary
Iron Maiden
Burning Ambition
Women in Uniform
The Ides of March
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Genghis Khan
Innocent Exile
Killers
Drifter
Children of the Damned
22 Acacia Avenue
The Number of the Beast
Total Eclipse
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Revelations
The Trooper
Quest for Fire
Sun and Steel
To Tame a Land
Aces High
Flash of the Blade
The Duellists
Back in the Village
Powerslave
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
King of Twilight
Churchill’s Speech
Alexander the Great
Reach Out
Juanita
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Prophecy
Black Bart Blues
The Assassin
Hooks in You
Bring Your Daughter… to the Slaughter
Mother Russia
Communication Breakdown
Listen with Nicko
From Here to Eternity
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Wasting Love
The Fugitive
Judas Be My Guide
Fear of the Dark
Roll Over Vic Vella
Sign of the Cross
Lord of the Flies
Man on the Edge
Look for the Truth
The Aftermath
Judgement of Heaven
The Edge of Darkness
The Unbeliever
Virus
The Angel and the Gambler
The Clansman
When Two Worlds Collide
The Educated Fool
Don’t Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
In Profile
The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Blood Brothers
The Mercenary
The Fallen Angel
The Nomad
No More Lies
Paschendale
More Tea Vicar
Different World
These Colours Don’t Run
The Pilgrim
The Longest Day
Out of the Shadows
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
For the Greater Good of God
Lord of Light
The Legacy
Satellite 15… The Final Frontier
El Dorado
Mother of Mercy
Coming Home
Isle of Avalon
The Man Who Would Be King
When the Wild Wind Blows
If Eternity Should Fail
Shadows of the Valley
Tears of a Clown
The Man of Sorrows
Senjutsu
The Time Machine
The Parchment
Hell on Earth

Black Bart already covered the other dark horse with “Churchill’s Speech”, as it’s a formal track on multiple live albums, though it’s not a song (which means it would break the rules of the game and wouldn’t line up with Diesel’s own clues referring to a song).

I don’t actually have most of Maiden’s live albums, so I can’t confirm this easily, but my guess is “Doctor Doctor”. Not the cover version they recorded with Blaze, but the original recording by U.F.O. being played while Maiden take the stage. It would technically be on an official Maiden release and not be a cover, I suppose.

Jer, J-Jer-Jer, please
Oh the mess you’re in
Jer, J-Jer-Jer, please
Oh the mess you’re in!

You keep on guessing
The wrong friggin’ song
Someone please guess right
This round is going on so long

Hinting, guessing, what in the fuck
Cannot believe it’s true
Hinting, guessing, what in the fuck
I am shaking in my shoes

Maybe @Diesel 11 meant in his clues 21 to 28 that the song we have to guess was not written individually by a member or another, but by two or three of them. So, my guess is Face In The Sand.

Last edited:
Maybe @Diesel 11 meant in his clues 21 to 28 that the song we have to guess was not written individually by a member or another, but by two or three of them. So, my guess is Face In The Sand.
That's why I gave him a chance to clarify his clues, since the language he used for them would be incorrect if this were actually the case.

The only non-cover studio song that isn't credited to any of the people mentioned is "Sanctuary", which has already been guessed and dismissed. The songs by the other Iron Maiden have been excluded. That leaves things that aren't actually songs (which would violate the rules of the game), or things that aren't standalone songs but appeared on an official Iron Maiden release of some kind that either weren't written by the named members or weren't performed by Iron Maiden themselves. Since I'm unaware of any official Maiden release that has them playing songs written by Stratton or Burr or some external songwriter that never actually recorded the song themselves (which could be interpreted as not being a cover), that would only seem to leave someone else's performance of a non-Maiden song that appeared on an official Maiden release somehow. If it's not "Doctor Doctor", then maybe it's "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life", but I don't have a guess left this round.

Back