Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue 1: That “1” is leaning a bit hard to the right
Clue 2: Dave's solo is really, really, really good
Clue 3: Tell your cat this isn't his yard!
Clue 4: Hovering around somewhere in my Top 90
Clue 5: The Citizen Kane of b.s.

Incorect guesses: 22 Acacia Avenue, Can I Play With Madness, Juanita, Justice Of The Peace, No Prayer For The Dying, Powerslave, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Strange World, The Prisoner, Twilight Zone, Women In Uniform, Wrathchild

Last edited:
Clue 6: The purest nothingness

Incorect guesses: 22 Acacia Avenue, Can I Play With Madness, Caught Somewhere In Time, Holy Smoke, Juanita, Justice Of The Peace, No Prayer For The Dying, Powerslave, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Strange World, The Prisoner, Twilight Zone, Women In Uniform, Wrathchild

Clue 6: The purest nothingness
Clue 7: How can something be both endless AND less than ten minutes long?

Incorect guesses: 22 Acacia Avenue, Can I Play With Madness, Caught Somewhere In Time, Holy Smoke, Juanita, Justice Of The Peace, No More Lies, No Prayer For The Dying, Powerslave, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Strange World, The Prisoner, Twilight Zone, Women In Uniform, Wrathchild

The Angel and the Gambler
Correct! :D

All clues were personal opinions of maidenfans forum members and can be found in The Angel And The Gambler thread.

Clue 1: Travis The Dragon gave this song a 7/10 and Jer replied the "7" actually might be a "1".
Clue 2: Yax seems to like Dave´s solo.
Clue 3: chaosapiant made up this nice dialogue:
Speaking of Blaze, I do have one issue with his voice in this track. It's the verses...he doesn't sound like he's singing. It sounds like he's shouting over the fence at his neighbor.

"Hey Bob!"
"Hey Blaze, what's going on?"
"Best make decisions, before it's too late!"
"Stop saying weird shit at me and tell your cat this isn't his yard!"
"Take all your chances..."
"Just stop, please"

Clue 4: The song is definitely part of Diesel11´s Maiden songs Top 100.
Clue 5: Gk1 thinks this is like the Citizen Kane of bad songs.
Clue 6: Murder of Rue Morgue´s opinion.
Clue 7: Man On The Edge 666 really loves this song.

Your turn, @Black Bart !

Is it just me, or is this getting to be a bit of a stretch with clues now, eh? We're expected to have read every thread on maidenfans forum & remember every comment every person made about every song?? Some of us have shit to do in real life & like, have children to tend to in addition to just being a Maiden fan... Just saying... Didn't get the memo on this one, I guess... A seemingly interesting, potentially fun game seems as though it is exclusive to & only fun for people that don't do anything but frequent every comment ever made here... am I the only one? I kinda thought clues would have a little more to do with the actual songs that we're trying to guess. No hostility meant here...it's just not what I thought this would/could be & it kinda just sucks the fun right out of this game...for me at least...

A seemingly interesting, potentially fun game seems as though it is exclusive to & only fun for people that don't do anything but frequent every comment ever made here... am I the only one?
Every group of clues is different. This was the first one I can recall that was built on board posts related to the song, so the implication that there’s a pattern of this going on rings hollow to me.

As someone who has had to come up with my own clues quite a few times, I can attest that it’s difficult to keep things fresh while also providing a challenge. I thought @MindRuler ‘s approach on these clues was actually clever and unique. I can only imagine how you would have reacted that one time I used a song from that other band called Iron Maiden as the mystery song!

If you run into a set of clues that isn’t working for you, just sit out until the next round starts. No big deal.

Is it just me, or is this getting to be a bit of a stretch with clues now, eh? We're expected to have read every thread on maidenfans forum & remember every comment every person made about every song?? Some of us have shit to do in real life & like, have children to tend to in addition to just being a Maiden fan... Just saying... Didn't get the memo on this one, I guess... A seemingly interesting, potentially fun game seems as though it is exclusive to & only fun for people that don't do anything but frequent every comment ever made here... am I the only one? I kinda thought clues would have a little more to do with the actual songs that we're trying to guess. No hostility meant here...it's just not what I thought this would/could be & it kinda just sucks the fun right out of this game...for me at least...
I tend to agree with you...but since some my own past forum nonsense was used, I feel special and wish us to continue in this weird direction.

Is it just me, or is this getting to be a bit of a stretch with clues now, eh? We're expected to have read every thread on maidenfans forum & remember every comment every person made about every song??
This was the first (and only time) I used members posts as clues. I included some of the regular players opinions as clues so they might recognize their own posts which didn´t happen.

Some of us have shit to do in real life & like, have children to tend to in addition to just being a Maiden fan... Just saying...
Oh believe me I do have another life ( no maiden song pun intended) aside from this forum too.

Didn't get the memo on this one, I guess... A seemingly interesting, potentially fun game seems as though it is exclusive to & only fun for people that don't do anything but frequent every comment ever made here... am I the only one? I kinda thought clues would have a little more to do with the actual songs that we're trying to guess.
Like mentioned before this was the one and only time I used this kind of approach for the clues. Next time it will be something completely different again.

No hostility meant here...it's just not what I thought this would/could be & it kinda just sucks the fun right out of this game...for me at least...
That´s ok, and I do understand your point here.
Hope you´ll find the song in the future games. :)

Back