Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Brave New World

You're correct! So it's your turn now.

clue#1: 378
378 seconds which is 6:18 the running time of the song.

clue#2: songwriters that teamed for this song is kinda unique group, as it has only couple credits in the whole discography.
Dave Murray, Steve Harris, Bruce Dickinson
Murray, Harris and Dickinson have teamed up and made 2 songs: Brave New World and Rainmaker.

clue#3: this particular song has been played live in concert, first on the tour supporting the (then) current album but also it has been featured later on aswell.
It was first played on the "Brave New World Tour 2000-2002" supporting the Brave New World album, but they have also played BNW on the following tours: Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead Tour 2003, Dance of Death World Tour 2003–2004, The Final Frontier World Tour 2010-leg
It's last performance to date was in Spain, but it's not yet known when it will be again featured in setlist (hopefully will).
21st of august, 2010 in Auditorio Marina Sur, Valencia, Spain
You might think there's a bit of recurring theme, when looking back at lyrics from the past works of Iron Maiden.
Not perhaps my best way to put these words, but I meant the part from "Stranger In A Strange Land" where Bruce sings "No Brave New World".

clue#4: This was the only song that would be played live also on the next tour (supporting the then newer album after clue#3).
Yes, they did play it on the Give Me Ed-tour, but I only meant the proper album-tours in clue#3 (I should have been more specific maybe), so the next proper new album tour "Dance Of Death World Tour 2003-2004" had only BNW from the BNW-album in the setlist.
Few words in the lyrics may work as link to other well-known british-singer whose later era song had the same words.
Queen had song called Mother Love..which was also the last recorded song from Freddie Mercury.
The work that inspired Maiden (for this song) took it's title from Shakespeare.
Aldous Huxley's novel from 1932 (Brave New World) gave inspiration to the song, but title Aldous got from Shakespeare's 1612 play The Tempest.
Nicko McBrain is not a member of this songwriting team mentioned in clue#2.
Yep and the team was already mentioned in clue#2 answer.

Last edited:
Good, but I won't be able to quiz you the next couple of days, so anyone can take my turn.

If there are no takers, I'll be back Sunday.

Last edited:
Three incorrect guesses so here´s another clue.

Clue 1: Sgt. Pepper´s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Clue 2: Listen to the movie

Incorrect guesses: Reach Out, The Wicker Man, Wasting Love

No to all and time's up.

Clue 3: You're here so soon

Incorrect guesses: Reach Out, The Wicker Man, Wasting Love, Moonchild, The Man Of Sorrows, Wrathchild

Time for the next clue.

Clue 3: You're here so soon
Clue 4 : Royal debut

Incorrect guesses: Reach Out, The Wicker Man, Wasting Love, Moonchild, The Man Of Sorrows, Wrathchild

Back