Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue 2, just took all the songs that are on official live-albums and the compared them to compilation-albums.
Clue 7, gave the album away.

Last edited:
Ok, some of the clues were related to UK television so a bit unfair for anyone unfamiliar with that.

CLUE 6: Go back to clue 1 and stop trying to figure out who Eric is. There is more information in that clue

"neighbour" was a clue as well, it might have set you thinking about street addresses, I think Jer was on that path with the Juanita guess which mentions a Chelsea flat.

CLUE 5: It's a b-side itself but also has links to another b-side

it may be a lesser known b-side but a live version is on Rainmaker. It's connected to Charlotte '88

CLUE 4:

clue.jpg

Ok for non UK television fans, this is an image of the TV show Countdown. The text "the origin" is the clue, as 22 Acacia Avenue has it's origins in an Urchin track called Countdown,

CLUE 3: It's lyrics contain a visual pun

The lyric sheets of early releases of TNOTB and Live After Death have the word "coming" underlined in the final line of the lyrics to suggest a juvenile double meaning

CLUE 2: It's not on a compilation album but is on a live album

Self explanatory, it's on LAD but not a compilation

CLUE 1: A near neighbour of Eric

This is another UK TV/comic book reference. In the kids TV show from the 80's Bananaman, the main character Eric became the superhero bananaman when he ate a banana. Eric lived on Acacia Road.

Clue 1, the trickster is briefly present
Clue 2, all I will say for now is 1953 in literature

wrong guesses: Be Quick or be Dead, Run Silent Run Deep, The Apparition, El Dorado

Last edited:
Starblind

Nope.

Aces high

nope.

Childhood's End

Correct.

Clue 1
The trickster part is the guitar-solo, which Dave&Janick tried to fool the listener. It sounds like one complete solo played by one but there's both of them playing it. Mentioned by Forostar on the forums earlier:
The solo is a very special one in the catalogue: Dave and Janick tried to fool the listener.
At first, it sounds like one solo by one person, but in fact Janick starts and Dave takes over fluently (and not at a typical moment) and ends it.
This puzzled me for years but after reading an interview about this with Bruce I finally could analyze it well.

Clue 2
The year 1953 is when Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke was released.

Your turn.

Someone else can take this turn if they want

Right, as there are no takers by now, I'll give it a go to keep the thread alive:

Clue 1: In the 1990s, Iron Maiden came close to playing at a live music venue with a name that relates directly to this song. A few years later, Bruce Dickinson actually performed there.

Back