Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

women in uniform?

was a single, clue 1 is lyrics from Skid Row's Living on a Chain Gang, which mentions "down in mexico" which is also in Women in Unifrom

EDIT: LOL

I just realised "down in mexico" is not in Women in Uniform's lyrics :lol::lol: It was a misheard lyric from my mate, he thought that the line "sometimes they look so cold " was "down in mexico"

No to all.

Clue #1: "Turn on the TV, 'cause I got nowhere to go "
Clue #2: it was released on single
Clue #3: At a point below zero, isn't there any place left to go?
Clue #4 (for musicians): the intro is in E, then the verses and chorus are in D. These two have the same chord order but with a different strumming pattern and rhythm.

Incorrect guesses: Drifter/ Age of Innocence/ 2 A.M/ Holy Smoke/ Women In Uniform/ Wasted Years

Last edited:
Clue #1: "Turn on the TV, 'cause I got nowhere to go "
Clue #2: it was released on single
Clue #3: At a point below zero, isn't there any place left to go?
Clue #4 (for musicians): the intro is in E, then the verses and chorus are in D. These two have the same chord order but with a different strumming pattern and rhythm.
Clue #5: "My mama said / That your life is a gift"

Incorrect guesses: Drifter/ Age of Innocence/ 2 A.M/ Holy Smoke/ Women In Uniform/ Wasted Years/ From Here To Eternity

The Fugitive
Correct! :)

Clue #1: "Turn on the TV, 'cause I got nowhere to go " < refers to the first line of the lyrics from Skid Row's "Livin' on a Chain Gang" and, by extention, the 1932 classic film I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang.

Clue #2: it was released on single < well, a promo single is a single, isn't it? ;)
1581854198991.pngSource: https://www.discogs.com/fr/the-fugitive/release/3791824

Clue #3: At a point below zero, isn't there any place left to go? < this refers to the lyrics from Thin Lizzy's "Massacre": "At a point below zero" // "On a cold October morning, as frost lays on the ground" + questioning the original lyrics ("there's no place left to go") suggests that the fugitive does have options.

Clue #4 (for musicians): the intro is in E, then the verses and chorus are in D. These two have the same chord order but with a different strumming pattern and rhythm. < self-explanatory

Clue #5: "My mama said / That your life is a gift"< first line of Lenny Kravitz & Slash's "Always on the Run" (words that appear in the Maiden song:
"Ever moving onwards
Always on the run
Waiting for the sight of a loaded gun"

Last edited:
Ok, let's try this...

Clue 1: This song can be described as a combination of two other Maiden songs, in terms of theme, but also the mood of the lyrics.

Clue 1: This song can be described as a combination of two other Maiden songs in terms of theme, but also the mood of the lyrics.

Clue 2: The song points to a location within which one can find a place with the same name as a studio facility used by Maiden.

Incorrect guesses: Judgment of Heaven, Charlotte the Harlot, Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

Clue 1: This song can be described as a combination of two other Maiden songs in terms of theme, but also the mood of the lyrics.

Clue 2: The song points to a location within which one can find a place with the same name as a studio facility used by Maiden.

Clue 3: To elaborate on clue one: Also the overall idea of the lyrics clearly relates to a sort of reappearance.

Incorrect guesses: Judgment of Heaven, Charlotte the Harlot, Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger, Journeyman, The Clairvoyant, Be Quick or be Dead

Back