Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Time’s up!

Clue #1: David Koresh
Clue #2: Wolverine starring in The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner?
Clue #3: Dead Again
Clue #4: For the greater good of all things that god made
Clue #5: The Fugitive
Clue #6: Jigsaw (a.k.a. Saw 8)
Clue #7: The Angel And The Gambler
Clue #8: Adrian didn’t play on the studio version

Incorrect guesses: For The Greater Good Of God, Alexander The Great, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Prophecy, Wrathchild, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, The Talisman, The Nomad, Judas Be My Guide, Moonchild, The Man Of Sorrows, Paschendale, The Red And The Black, Blood On The World’s Hands, Tears Of A Clown, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Wasted Years, The Prisoner, Brave New World, Hooks In You, From Here To Eternity

Sanctuary
Correct!

Clue #1: David Koresh - The famous leader of a cult. The band The Cult had a famous song called “She Sells Sanctuary”.

Clue #2: Wolverine starring in The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner? - The Marvel character Wolverine often goes by the name Logan. Logan’s Run is the name of both a book and a TV series about a dystopian future where the protagonist goes on a long journey, running from the law to try to reach a fabled safe area named Sanctuary.

Clue #3:
Dead Again - The name of an album by the band Sanctuary.

Clue #4: For the greater good of all things that god made
- The “all things that god made” line in “Rime Of The Ancient Mariner” is a reference to the albatross that the mariner killed, as well as other natural creatures. An albatross is a bird. A place that takes care of birds in need is called a bird sanctuary.

Clue #5: The Fugitive
- “Sanctuary” is about a person on the run from the law, as is “The Fugitive”.

Clue #6: Jigsaw (a.k.a. Saw 8)
- The word “saw” appears repeatedly in “Sanctuary”, a total of 8 times.

Clue #7: The Angel And The Gambler
- The lyrics of “Sanctuary” describe a stranger who helps the protagonist. People who help others in dire need are often called angels. This stranger is also obsessed with gambling.

Clue #8: Adrian didn’t play on the studio version - “Sanctuary” was on Iron Maiden’s debut album, from before Adrian joined the band.

Your turn, @Black Bart .

Dead Again was never released. it is merely the working title of a possible future album by the band without Warrel Dane.
Oops. I don’t follow the band myself, should’ve looked closer at the details when I was picking out the clue.

Back