Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

I feel like it's some sort of reference to the typical acoustic intros that have been on a lot of Janick and Steve's epics as of late. I'll go with "The Talisman".

Prodigal Son
Winner!

Clue #1: All Nightmare Long - A reference to the lyric “I feel I'm being paid with this nightmare inside me”.

Clue #2: Phantom Lord - The lyric “fall onto your knees” is a reference to the lyric “I’m on my knees, help me please”.

Clue #3: The Unnamed Feeling - A reference to the lyric “I’ve got these feelings and they won’t go away”.

Clue #4: Devil’s Dance - A reference to the lyric “The devil's got a hold on my soul and he just won't let me be“.

Clue #5: The Frayed Ends Of Sanity - The lyric “fighting the fear of fear” is a reference to the lyric “I've got these fears inside that'll bring me to my knees“.

Clue #6: The Thing That Should Not Let It Be - This time a Beatallica reference, again referencing the lyric “The devil's got a hold on my soul and he just won't let me be“.

Clue #7: (Formerly) Invisible Kid - In the original parable of the prodigal son, the younger son leaves home for some time, only returning after squandering his fortune. The kid was “invisible” while he was gone, but now he’s returned.

Clue #8: (Metallica: The Acoustic Shit) - “Prodigal Son” features prominent acoustic instrumentation.

Last edited:
Clue #1: Alexander Fleming, Guglielmo Marconi, Paul Simonon and Sting didn't complain.
Clue #2: "But now it seems I'm just a stranger to myself/And all the things I sometimes do it isn't me but someone else"

Incorrect guesses: Drifter, Public Enema Number One, To Tame a Land

Clue #1: Alexander Fleming, Guglielmo Marconi, Paul Simonon and Sting didn't complain.
Clue #2: "But now it seems I'm just a stranger to myself/And all the things I sometimes do it isn't me but someone else"
Clue #3: Right after the fifth.

Incorrect guesses: Drifter, Public Enema Number One, To Tame a Land, Still Life, The Clairvoyant, The Number of the Beast

Back