Clue #1: Black Dog
Clue #2: Taking The Queen, Curbing Your Enthusiasm
Clue #3: The Red And The “Always Bet On Black”
Clue #4: You can’t buy what we made
Clue #5: Prison Break
Clue #6: Fifth album, first single, 1989
Clue #7: Penultimate chapter
Clue #8: Gone, but not forgotten

Incorrect guesses: Empire Of The Clouds, Drifter, Moonchild, Run To The Hills, 2 A.M., If Eternity Should Fail, Coming Home, Back In The Village, The Angel And The Gambler, Wasting Love, The Final Frontier, Journeyman, Dream Of Mirrors, I’ve Got The Fire, These Colours Don’t Run, Caught Somewhere In Time, Wasted Years, 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Clairvoyant, From Here To Eternity, Can I Play With Madness

No to all.

Clue #1: Black Dog
Clue #2: Taking The Queen, Curbing Your Enthusiasm
Clue #6: Fifth album, first single, 1989
Clue #7: Penultimate chapter
Clue #8: Gone, but not forgotten
Clue #9:
32f7274a3b61b1c4b7c870a4715797e857f3bfde611c20fe18a5236e8485c4cd.jpg

Incorrect guesses: Empire Of The Clouds, Drifter, Moonchild, Run To The Hills, 2 A.M., If Eternity Should Fail, Coming Home, Back In The Village, The Angel And The Gambler, Wasting Love, The Final Frontier, Journeyman, Dream Of Mirrors, I’ve Got The Fire, These Colours Don’t Run, Caught Somewhere In Time, Wasted Years, 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Clairvoyant, From Here To Eternity, Can I Play With Madness, Gangland, The Man Who Would Be King, Stranger In A Strange Land

Hooks in You
Winner!

Clue #1: Black Dog - A movie directed by Kevin Hooks. Also a song about sex, like “Hooks In You”.

Clue #2: Taking The Queen, Curbing Your Enthusiasm - Kevin Hooks has had two wives: Regina (Latin for “Queen”), and Cheryl (the name of Larry David’s original wife on Curb Your Enthusiasm). Presumably Hooks has been in them. :ahhh:

- A reference to the movie Passenger 57, also directed by Kevin Hooks.

- A lyric from Peter Frampton’s “I’m In You”

- A TV show executive-produced by Kevin Hooks, who also directed many episodes of the show.

Clue #6: Fifth album, first single, 1989 - The first single from Marillion’s fifth album, Seasons End, released in 1989, was titled “Hooks In You”.

Clue #7: Penultimate chapter - “Hooks In You” is the third song out of four in the “Charlotte The Harlot” series, making it the second-to-last chapter of the story (so far).

Clue #8: Gone, but not forgotten - Though Adrian Smith had left the band at the time of the album’s release, he still received a writing credit on “Hooks In You”. I believe this is the only time a former band member has been formally credited for their songwriting contributions on an Iron Maiden album after their exit.

Clue #9: (poster for the show Hung starring Thomas Jane) - A reference to the lyric “for that well-hung feeling”. Also, Thomas Jane played The Punisher in that character’s self-titled movie, and Kevin Hooks directed an episode of Netflix’s The Punisher TV show.

Back