Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Time out!

Clue #1: Dream Of Mirrors, No More Lies
Clue #2: Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Clue #3: Fear Of The Dark, The Memory Remains
Clue #4: Dream Of Mirrors, The Apparition
Clue #5: Electric Eye, Night Comes Down
Clue #6: Powerslave, The Educated Fool
Clue #7: This song has a very similar name to a song by another band that most Maiden fans would be familiar with
Clue #8: This song was released 10 years after the other band’s similarly titled song
Clue #9: This song is from Iron Maiden’s arguably worst album, while the similarly titled song is from the other band’s arguably best album

Incorrect guesses: Infinite Dreams, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Stranger In A Strange Land, The Angel And The Gambler, Fear Of The Dark, Blood Brothers, Mother Of Mercy, The Alchemist, Gates Of Tomorrow, Fortunes Of War, Ghost Of The Navigator, Gangland, The Number Of The Beast, Wasting Love, The Red And The Black, Lord Of Light, The Nomad, Invaders, Run To The Hills, Children Of The Damned, The Clairvoyant, Speed Of Light

Don’t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
Yes, finally. I backed myself into a corner with the original clues and had to change tack.

Clue #1: Dream Of Mirrors, No More Lies — a reference to the lyric “I’ve always known that the mirror never lies” from Queensrÿche’s “Eyes Of A Stranger”.

Clue #2: Afraid To Shoot Strangers — the opening lyric “lying awake at night, I wipe the sweat from my brow” references the lyric “I lie awake and sweat, afraid to fall asleep” from EOAS.

Clue #3: Fear Of The Dark, The Memory Remains — the lyrics “I am a man who walks alone” and “the memory remains” reference the lyric “all alone now except for the memories” from EOAS.

Clue #4: Dream Of Mirrors, The Apparition — a reference to the lyric “every night the dreams return to haunt me” from EOAS.

Clue #5: Electric Eye, Night Comes Down — a reference to the lyric “somebody’s watching when the night comes down” from DLTTEOAS.

Clue #6: Powerslave, The Educated Fool — a reference to the lyric “don’t look through the eyes of a fool” from DLTTEOAS. “Eye of Horus” from “Powerslave” is what I was thinking of at the time, but this is when I realized that this clue approach was falling apart.

Clue #7: This song has a very similar name to a song by another band that most Maiden fans would be familiar with — “Don’t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger” and “Eyes Of A Stranger”.

Clue #8: This song was released 10 years after the other band’s similarly titled song — Operation: Mindcrime was released in 1988, Virtual XI in 1998.

Clue #9: This song is from Iron Maiden’s arguably worst album, while the similarly titled song is from the other band’s arguably best album — Virtual XI and Operation: Mindcrime, respectively.

Clue #1: "Money, Money, Money"
Clue #2: “Searchin’”
Clue #3: “No Lies”

Wrong Guesses: 2 AM / El Dorado / Be Quick or Be Dead / Mother of Mercy / The Pilgrim / Man on the Edge

Clue #1: "Money, Money, Money"
Clue #2: “Searchin’”
Clue #3: “No Lies”
Clue #4: "No Lies" (reprise)

Wrong Guesses: 2 AM / El Dorado / Be Quick or Be Dead / Mother of Mercy / The Pilgrim / Man on the Edge / Wasted Years / Wrathchild / Kill Me Ce Soir

Back