GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

The Great Escape is better than any album in this round and better than most of the material we’ve seen already in this game.

Listen to the title track. Listen to King of Whitewater.

Of course they draw up against stupid fucking Queensryche.
I can’t stand Queensryche, and reading about how they treated Dream Theater during their tour in ‘03 makes me actually despise them. John Petrucci has more talent in his pinky finger than all of Queensryche and their arrogant vocalist do combined.

I remember seeing Symphony X open for Queensryche in ‘04 or ‘05, and as soon as they finished their 45 minutes I couldn’t wait to leave.

I can’t stand Queensryche, and reading about how they treated Dream Theater during their tour in ‘03 makes me actually despise them. John Petrucci has more talent in his pinky finger than all of Queensryche and their arrogant vocalist do combined.

I remember seeing Symphony X open for Queensryche in ‘04 or ‘05, and as soon as they finished their 45 minutes I couldn’t wait to leave.
Queensrÿche post-DeGarmo is laughable. This is Empire though; even though the songs are mostly fine tuned for radio, they’re some good-ass songs, and the quality control is very strong.

I'm very tired, and I likely will not be staying up late to make the changeover right at midnight, so I will instead simply vote now.

Iron Maiden. This is one of the albums that Maidenfans loves that the universe doesn't get, and that's to be expected. I don't think it'll win, but I think it'll get to the Premiership.

Seventh Wonder, easily. Love this album. Mostly I find Seventh Wonder lacks an edge, but this album has a decent one and a great singer.

Iron Maiden because I don't like Opeth.

Wodos.

I'll have to listen to Empire and Agent Orange for the next league. Both of those albums are slightly out of my comfort zone, but I think I might like them!

I like Opeth, or I like Opeth some of the time, but I have a real soft spot for TBOS.
To be honest, The Book of Souls is probably a stronger album than Watershed. But I was on the fence and I knew Opeth needed a sympathy vote.

Now if we're talking Blackwater Park or several other Opeth albums, that's an entirely different story.

Maiden
Seventh Wonder
Opeth
Agent Orange - little me was a big fan of Sodom. I once googled "agent orange" and was a bit traumatised when the pictures showed much more horrific stuff than the album cover.

Iron Maiden snuffs out Crimson Glory. They'll face Running Wild next.
Queensrÿche slides past Seventh Wonder's only GMAC entry. The upcoming challenge is Blind Guardian.
Iron Maiden surpasses Opeth, ending one of the longest active GMAC runs. They're back in League 4.
Sodom finishes off Ayreon. We'll see how they do against Iced Earth next league.

Back