GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

“By now”? Again, if you’re not going to put in the effort to explain it then there’s no way anyone is gonna understand it. So stop being high and mighty and either explain the FACTS that you’re so hung up on or go jerk yourself off over something else. Stop insinuating that I’m just too stupid to understand your stances on this issue. I’m not some dumbass motherfucking kid who just doesn’t understand things cuz I got into metal decades after you did. I gave my stance, I unpacked it, and all you did is shit on it and react with laughing emojis. So goddammit, I’m not the fool here, motherfucker. No I don’t understand it by now, how the fuck am I able to when you don’t explain it?

If anyone else wants to explain why Ripper’s technique and timber is so much better than Barlow’s, without just spouting up nonsense you’re unwilling to unpack, please let me know but I am GENUINELY curious. I just don’t want to discuss this shit with a literal brick wall. I’ve gotten enough of that talking to Trump supporters. Fucking hell.
Man sorry but I won't indulge in this conversation any longer. Besides being off topic I already said of my justice. If it wasn't enough too bad. There are worst things in life. If you think it's BS or nonsense good for you. If you want to continue to feed a sterile debate please: be my guest but you'll do it alone. If you want to get out on top, hell! fine... you've won if it makes you feel better. I have no patience for this, seriously.

Like a 2 min suspension in handball.
I saw what you did there... :D

Cj7z5WVWEAASYt0.jpg

Of course Sabbath's debut only features one really "metal song" (and what a dire and heavy song!).
Which one? Black Sabbath or N.I.B.? Because both of them are dire and heavy metal, by any definition of the word. (So are others, like The Wizard, IMO, but those two seem pretty obvious and indisputable.)

Also, as a public service announcement, in case a few forum members have been misinformed: Udo > Barlow > Russell Allen >> Ripper >>>>>>>>>> LaBrie.

I'm really rather surprised that Accept isn't wiping the floor with Dokken, even a decent Dokken record. Accept is terrific, one of the best 80s metal bands. Breaker + Restless And Wild + Balls To The Wall + Metal Heart = one of the better 4-album runs in metal history. Sure, Maiden, Sabbath, Priest and Metallica had better runs, but that's the freakin' Mt. Rushmore of metal.

Accept get the edge for having the better music, despite having an annoying vocalist.

A solid Iced Earth album beats the 2nd worst Maiden album.

Maiden over KoRn, although 25-2 is a bit much. I don't personally see this matchup as quite the slaughter as the results are indicating.

Both albums in the last match are superb. The Glass Prison - Blind Faith is my favorite opening 1-2 punch of any album. From any band. Ever. In the history of music. The whole first disc of 6DoIT is outstanding. Unfortunately the title track is completely overblown and overrated, whereas The Odyssey's title track is the pinnacle of epic prog metal. Symphony X.

Also, as a public service announcement, in case a few forum members have been misinformed: Udo > Barlow > Russell Allen >> Ripper >>>>>>>>>> LaBrie.
I’d much rather listen to Udo than LaBrie and Ripper, but I shan’t concede Barlow and Russell, lol. Udo does have an endearing nasally tone and I enjoy Accept every now and then, but Barlow and Russell are probably the most powerful and most soulful duo in metal (not that they’ve ever teamed up before but they’re both in my Top 5, are American and came up around the same time in the metal scene. And Iced Earth would have been Symphony X if Schaffer was more talented.)

Three close ones and one that was, uh, not so close.

Accept edges Dokken. Dokken's done, so it'll be Candlemass next.
Iced Earth gets a single-vote victory over Iron Maiden. There's lots of Iron Maiden around, but it'll be Iced Earth vs. Rainbow next.
Iron Maiden murders Korn. We'll see how this album does against Nightwish in League 4.
Symphony X gets a slight win over Dream Theater. Lots of DT yet to come, so I'll just spoil League 4's matchup. It's Megadave.

Iron_Maiden_-_A_Matter_Of_Life_And_Death.jpg

Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

How it got here

List entries: n/a
Maidenfans Nominators: @Ariana, @Dityn DJ James, @Dr. Eddie’s Wingman, @Kalata, @KidInTheDark666, @LooseCannon, @matic22, @Mosh, @Perun, @Poto, @srfc, @The Dissident, @The Flash
League 5 - Match 17vs.
CrimsonGlory-T-album.jpg

Crimson Glory - Transcendence (1988)

How it got here

List entries: Metalstorm 22, Metal Kingdom 82
Maidenfans Nominators: n/a
Previous Rounds:
League 6: Defeated Amorphis - Under the Red Cloud 17 -8.[/TD]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seventh-wonder-great-escape.jpg

Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape (2010)

How it got here

List entries: Metal Kingdom 59
Maidenfans Nominators: @MrKnickerbocker
League 5 - Match 18vs.
Queensryche_-_Empire_cover.jpg

Queensrÿche - Empire (1990)

How it got here

List entries: n/a
Maidenfans Nominators: @Yax, @Collin
Previous Rounds:
League 7: Defeated Amorphis - Tales From the Thousand Lakes 13-10.
League 6: Defeated Devin Townsend - Addicted 18-7.

Back