GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

And then they just fell off a cliff..

The last couple of studio albums Babylon and Golgotha are pretty good. The rest of the post Crimson Idol album aren't anything to write home about but the only one I'd characterize as a joke would be Helldorado. I quite like Kill. Fuck. Die. but I was unaware of the ridiculous antics you mention, not discovering W.A.S.P. until the early 2000s.

I'll take that rhythm section on that Arena of Pleasure song over the entire Judas Priest discography, thank you very much.
P.S. I also think it's time for aggressive voting out of other favourites such as aforementioned and Rush, if you're going to throw Maiden albums of TFF calibre out of the window.

Alice Cooper is better than both W.A.S.P. and Kiss, although the good stuff from W.A.S.P. often eclipses his material. The Headless Children and The Crimson Idol really showed that Blackie Lawless could push himself
Yup... Totally agree. With the utmost respect to Alice Cooper and Kiss (that they deserve for the monstrous impact they had on a bazilion of bands) IMO neither bands made anything close to those two albums.
it's a shame that he never was able to progress beyond that. Kill.Fuck.Die. is just ridiculous. The album isn't even bad, but the way it's written and the way it was promoted is just regressing back to the schlock era,
KFD is an amazing album..... my favorite after those two. Dark, intense, psychotic, angry and aggressive as hell. The only thing that kinda holds it back is that machine drum like drumming sound. But Hey other than that 5 stars, simply loved it. NOOOOOOWWWW... when it comes to the return to the shock rock stuff on stage I 100% agree with you. It was simply silly and I don't want to sound patronizing but weren't those guys too old for that shit in 97???? Come on... that was really cringe worth and somewhat spoiled that intensity and darkness the album had when played live. But other than that I simply love it and don't view it as a "Rock N' Roll circus act" like their first 3 records. Still Not Black Enough and Unholy Terror are also really cool BTW.
he just tried to rewrite The Crimson Idol and some of the other early albums again. Alice Cooper has never been the joke that Lawless has managed to turn himself into.
Yup... The Neon God is essentially him trying to repeat the Crimson Idol formula and failing miserably. Man those albums are weak! And Helldorado is the equivalent to their first two records.

Curiously enough for a band that was in the spotlights during the 80's I think that their strongest era is the six from The Headless Children to Unholy Terror (most of it recorded during the 90's), a span that only gave birth to a weak record (Helldorado) and has shown Blackie Lawless could pull some really serious material, either more down to earth or even in psychotic stuff like KFD. From that point on it was an absolute trainwreck. As you said, a joke of his former self as an artist no matter what era he tries to revisit.

This W.A.S.P. album is really unremarkable hair metal, with Blackie Lawless’s typically overwrought vocal delivery, cringeworthy lyrics, and no particularly memorable songs. There are some minor vocal hooks here and there, and a strong solo or two, but nothing seems to fully come together. There are so many albums from 1984 that are so much better than this, even in the exact same genre (I should know, I nominated two of them and they were both eliminated already!), that it’s hard for me to see the appeal. Compare this to a genre-defining classic that still holds up today and it’s an easy decision. Sorry, @Niall Kielt, but Tarljis The Magnon’s nominee wins this one. Winner: Candlemass
You suck, buddy. I Wanna Be Somebody and Love Machine are worth the entry fee alone and both are super memorable. Like when prog or jazz fans cant comprehend that someone doesnt like what they like, I will say this; you just dont understand, man.
Your other votes are all spot on, though. Good work.

You suck, buddy.
We All Suck, Pal.
I Wanna Be Somebody and Love Machine are worth the entry fee alone and both are super memorable.
Why Assert Silly Postulations?
Like when prog or jazz fans cant comprehend that someone doesnt like what they like, I will say this; you just dont understand, man.
What A Snobby Progger!
Your other votes are all spot on, though. Good work.
We Appreciate Supportive Praise.

I'm pondering about deleting my forum acc if Enema beats TFF. I usually come here to have a good time, I don't need the rage and anger of social media. If this forum experience starts going in that way, maybe it's time to pause and/or close the chapter.

I'm pondering about deleting my forum acc if Enema beats TFF. I usually come here to have a good time, I don't need the rage and anger of social media. If this forum experience starts going in that way, maybe it's time to pause and/or close the chapter.
So...if the album you like doesn’t win you’ll delete your account out of rage and anger? :innocent:

You do realize that at least 24 of the albums you nominate will eventually be eliminated, right? And that Seventh Son will almost certainly win the whole thing because this is an Iron Maiden forum and it bridges the trad, prog, and power metal coalitions most effectively?

Also, TFF has already beaten at least 3 other albums that should have trounced it by my personal standards (two Nightwish albums and one Megadeth album), so the invisible hand has already given it a surprising amount of cover. Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change.

Can't believe TFF album is defeated... especially considering its opponent,

and W.A.S.P.'s classic debut album is defeated too... :facepalm:

Back