GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

I'm pondering about deleting my forum acc if Enema beats TFF. I usually come here to have a good time, I don't need the rage and anger of social media. If this forum experience starts going in that way, maybe it's time to pause and/or close the chapter.
Don't! I do not understand this particular execution of this album either, but I rather had you stick around.

I’m surprised there is surprise over TFF being eliminated. It is pretty evenly matched against Aenima, even with the Maiden bias. If anything, Aenima would have an advantage on any other forum. TFF knocked out some pretty big albums, but it also had a lot of weak opponents. This was probably the first truly competitive album to go against it. We’re not talking about Papa Roach or some forgotten 80s hair Metal classic here, Aenima is a real album by a real band.

Personally, it was a pretty close match for me. I prefer TFF as a full album experience, but song for song Aenima has a bit more to offer. It’s very close though.

I expect Maiden albums losing to be "surprising" as long as it isn't another band uniformly loved around here beating it, it's like picking some random building you've never seen before over your house.

I forgot to vote again. Luckily my nomination (Death) won by a hair. I was torn between Tool and TFF and that match turned out super close too. I probably would’ve brought the match to a tie but whateverz (I accidentally typed the ‘z’ but whateverz actually looks cool). TFF had a heck of a run, deservingly so.

I’m surprised there is surprise over TFF being eliminated. It is pretty evenly matched against Aenima, even with the Maiden bias. If anything, Aenima would have an advantage on any other forum. TFF knocked out some pretty big albums, but it also had a lot of weak opponents. This was probably the first truly competitive album to go against it. We’re not talking about Papa Roach or some forgotten 80s hair Metal classic here, Aenima is a real album by a real band.

Personally, it was a pretty close match for me. I prefer TFF as a full album experience, but song for song Aenima has a bit more to offer. It’s very close though.
I expect Maiden albums losing to be "surprising" as long as it isn't another band uniformly loved around here beating it, it's like picking some random building you've never seen before over your house.

I'd say that the fact Tool are definitely a love-it-or-hate-it band might be a factor as well.

I personally am not surprised, because TFF is being bashed around here quite hard for quite some time and I find it annoying and am actually a huge supporter of the album (I don't think we'll ever hear something from the band along the lines of Isle of Avalon, IMHO), but in the end I voted for the album that I thought was stronger, although it's by a band that I don't particularly love.

Dijo el sartén a la caldera...
Addressing a Portuguese in Spanish???!!!
9939a6833c77f0a8f4ba5a0de09daa2e.gif

Really... it's really bad politic LOL. But as matter of fact my whole family comes from the northeast of Portugal at the border where, besides speaking each other's languages quite decently we even have a common dialect with the Spanish (Mirandés). Now hush... don't tell anyone.

Fodidos elefantes, cara.

Or something like that. I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't throw "fucking elephants, man" into Google Translate and just go with whatever came up to make a stupid joke. I don't know a thing about Portuguese, and I've been living with the language flooding my Twitter feed for over a year now thanks to a former member of the boards. Seems like it would be interesting to learn, though, but so would every other language. Fuck me, man. No time. Wirklich Scheiße.

We All Suck, Pal.

Why Assert Silly Postulations?

What A Snobby Progger!

We Appreciate Supportive Praise.
This deserves more likes.
Like, waaay more.

Also, I love Aenima, but TFF deserved at least an extra tie-breaker round.

Reactions: Jer
Fodidos elefantes, cara.

Or something like that. I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't throw "fucking elephants, man" into Google Translate and just go with whatever came up to make a stupid joke. I don't know a thing about Portuguese, and I've been living with the language flooding my Twitter feed for over a year now thanks to a former member of the boards. Seems like it would be interesting to learn, though, but so would every other language. Fuck me, man. No time. Wirklich Scheiße.
Yeah it's quite accurate although It's more like "elefantes fodidos, cara". Normally we write the noun first and only then the adjective (there are exceptions... portuguese language is truly complicated and anti practical). "Cara" is Brazilian slang. "Meu" works the same and is used in both countries.

But still regarding "Dijo el sertan a la caldera" (says the pan to the cauldron) here in Portugal we have a similar take: "Diz o roto ao nú" which translates "says the ragged to the naked".

But who cares? No matter the language the message is on the board: we're watching you and your late Maiden records blasphemies Mr. elephant. :p

Back